IO set proposals

@T3h Ish

Just a few ideas really.
We're severely lacking diversity in the Accurate Healing, Accurate -ToHit, Accurate -Defense, and honestly, every type of CC set as a purple set so, I figure we could use one for Fear as well.

Gambler's Misfortune.png

Edited by @T3h Ish
IO Set Bonus Changes
  • Like 4

Accurate Healing set, kinda focused on powers like Siphon Life, or Dehydrate, but can still be used for Twilight's Grasp, or similar healing powers that require a ToHit check.

Unending Hunger.png

Edited by @T3h Ish
Expanding reasoning.
  • Like 2

Purple Fear set, still kinda finaglin' with ideas but, the Contagious Confusion-like Terrorize effect with a -ToHit tacked on could be interesting neat.

I mainly wanted it to give non-traditional resist suites relative to other purple sets that met the theme of Mot / Dark Astoria, as well as a set that gave Endurance/Recovery rather than the standard HP/Regen of other sets.

Vision of Mot.png

Edited by @T3h Ish
IO Set Bonus Changes
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, @T3h Ish said:

Open to suggestions for the proc, or some passive bonus like resistance to -ToHit effects, akin to how Rectified Reticle has +Perception.

I'm not sure if it's possible or balanced, but to go with the theme give the proc a chance to convert the next attack into an autohit power, unable to miss.  That gives PvPers a shot at someone running Elude-level defense and PvErs something to use against Paragon Protectors or purple patch enemies.  Now that's Unerring Aim!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'm not sure if it's possible or balanced, but to go with the theme give the proc a chance to convert the next attack into an autohit power, unable to miss.  That gives PvPers a shot at someone running Elude-level defense and PvErs something to use against Paragon Protectors or purple patch enemies.  Now that's Unerring Aim!

I'm pretty sure that will never happen. I don't know for sure, but the devs seem to be trying to maintain the same basic approach as the Live devs did, and the Live devs were adamant about players never getting an autohit attack. Autohit debuffs? Yes, but not autohit attacks.

Edited by Rudra
Edited for subject-verb agreement.

11 hours ago, @T3h Ish said:

Purple Fear set, still kinda finaglin' with ideas but, the Contagious Confusion-like effect with a -ToHit tacked on could be interesting neat.

The base duration of most fear powers is very long to begin with. Enhancing that duration by 97% has virtually no value. I would cut the fear enhancement and increase the range and accuracy enhancement. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Uun said:

The base duration of most fear powers is very long to begin with. Enhancing that duration by 97% has virtually no value. I would cut the fear enhancement and increase the range and accuracy enhancement. 

Entirely valid, yeah. The extraneous fear was sort of roughly following the same Enhancement value formula as Ragnarok, Unbreakable Constraint, Apocalypse, etc. with the very main IO set enhancement increases overall if you were to 6 slot it, or take a different 5 set combination.

Edited by @T3h Ish
Expanding reasoning.

• 4 months later
Posted (edited)

Just a few more proposals.
Breath of Life's proc would be similar to the Defender ATO, but only be flagged to affect nearby allies from you in a 20ft radius.

And a PVP Recharge Intensive IO set, with a -DMG proc and unusually, % control for sets with some CC available in their kit.

Breath of Life.png

Coordinated Assault.png

Edited by @T3h Ish