Port Oakes present missing...?

Display Name

Earlier today I was going through Port Oakes to get some presents with minimal competition.  I was using this map:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/File:Winter_port_oakes.png

I couldn't find the present marked on the map at approximately this location:

/thumbtack [-7.1 124.5 -36.1]

Is it inside the building?  I couldn't open the door.  Underground?

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am away from game.  Is it in the garage?   Memory says there is one in a tunnel/garage.  But….vampire memories are vague.  We just dont care enough to remember 

So... you live in the present?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Presents are absolutely everywhere, and the magic targeting bind can find them at 1000 yards. Why would you use a map?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

The RIP and PPD are going spare with all the 'suspicious packages' reports coming in. They really want to have a word with whomever is leaving them all over the place...especially the Ordinance Disposal crews. The missing packages are probably ones they have actually got to so far. 😉 lol

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was true sorcery it would only find the Nice presents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

10 hours ago, nihilii said:

What Christmas sorcery is this?

/bind ADD "target_custom_next base Myst"

Get way up high, turn slowly, keep whacking the keypad + key. It targets objects with the name "Mysterious Gift" at far beyond alt vision range. Hit your go-to button, especially if you're a flyer. Oh, look, it's for YOU!

(I find the Add button convenient; if you want to mouse-turn and whack at the same time... wait, that's not quite what I mean and leave Swan alone, you perv... if you want to turn-and-search, the tilde key (~) might be a better choice.

/bind ~ "target_custom_next base Myst"

(Caveat: I haven't logged in yet this year; I seem to recall the object name changing from time to time. Adjust those four or five string letters appropriately.) Confirmed.

Unfortunately, the /interact command ("click on what's in front of me") doesn't work with presents.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tend to just find a loop of presents and just keep going in circles since they are all in the same spots each time.   I did note that two different accounts will see a different colored present most times.

And I tend to do this in less trafficked zones.

16 minutes ago, lemming said:

I tend to just find a loop of presents and just keep going in circles since they are all in the same spots each time.   I did note that two different accounts will see a different colored present most times.

That jibes with the general feature of unsynchronized elements, such as the junk grav trollers throw. The details seem to be locally generated by each client. I'd guess size and shape vary as well.

(Did they finally sync the grav junk a few issues ago? Seems I heard something about that.)

Fortunately, it's not the wrapping but what's inside OMFG PURPLE SNOWMEN GAAAAAA!!!!! that counts.

Edited by Shenanigunner

19 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

That jibes with the general feature of unsynchronized elements, such as the junk grav trollers throw. The details seem to be locally generated by each client. I'd guess size and shape vary as well.

(Did they finally sync the grav junk a few issues ago? Seems I heard something about that.)

Fortunately, it's not the wrapping but what's inside OMFG PURPLE SNOWMEN GAAAAAA!!!!! that counts.

The grav junk is sync'd now.

Since you can hunt presents in zones well below your level, cleanup is quick.   Gold Zones are pretty good since less traveled for the most part.