Account Housing

MsSmart

Can you make a personal base, that is account locked, thus alts can be members of an SG with use of their base, but still have a way to have their own base to essentially store stuff. The issue is while belonging to an SG and have use of the base, is the greatly limited storage space available to you, especially in very large SG groups.

So any alt can be a member of an SG with base access rights, but still have their own home to put stuff at. Think of Batman, he has full access to the Justice League base, but still retains his Bat Cave.

Notice an account locked base, only your alts in your account can use it, and as you create new alts, they automatically have access to the base.  Perhaps though an account locked base, storage would allow you to store in there account locked items such as EMPs, hero merits, which are mailable to yourself.

Hugs

Sue

Edited by MsSmart

Make a character specific or account specific SG. Design the base however you want. Don't make it public and don't invite characters from other accounts into it. When you make a new character on that account, use /altinvite to get that character added to your account SG. Link the different account SGs by coalitions. Ask a friend to help you with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

This would by why /altinvite exists. Don't even need two accounts for convenience any more.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You can somewhat work around this with /enterbasefrompasscode.  Your alts can each have their own individual bases, and use the base passcode of your main base for RP, travel, etc.  Doing so does have the issue that only alts in the main SG will have that SG name (the others will have their individual SG names), and could also be a hassle if you want to make a crafting hub in the main base since your alts couldn't access main storage for it (they'd have to step out to their own storage to grab materials and/or drop stuff off).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2023 at 5:37 PM, MsSmart said:

Can you make a personal base, that is account locked, thus alts can be members of an SG with use of their base, but still have a way to have their own base to essentially store stuff. The issue is while belonging to an SG and have use of the base, is the greatly limited storage space available to you, especially in very large SG groups.

So any alt can be a member of an SG with base access rights, but still have their own home to put stuff at. Think of Batman, he has full access to the Justice League base, but still retains his Bat Cave.

Notice an account locked base, only your alts in your account can use it, and as you create new alts, they automatically have access to the base.  Perhaps though an account locked base, storage would allow you to store in there account locked items such as EMPs, hero merits, which are mailable to yourself.

Hugs

Sue

I really like this idea but I can't even imagine the amount of noodle detangling the devs would have to put time into to make this even remotely possible. Hi Sue. I support the idea but I dunno how long it would take for something like this to be actively available to the server right now.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

2 hours ago, Crystal Dragon said:

I really like this idea but I can't even imagine the amount of noodle detangling the devs would have to put time into to make this even remotely possible. Hi Sue. I support the idea but I dunno how long it would take for something like this to be actively available to the server right now.

You can already have an account only base/SG. That is why the /altinvite command was made. If the OP were to be implemented, then all your alts on that account would go into that one SG/base. And if you wanted that alt in another group? You would have to leave the automatically assigned SG to join another. (Edit: Assuming the spaghetti code didn't just lock your alts into that one SG leaving you unable to leave for some reason.) As the game is currently set up, we get to choose what SG our alts wind up in (with SG leadership permission). If you don't want characters from another account in your SG? Don't invite or accept them. And if your SG isn't marked as public, it won't even be visible to other players/accounts at the registrar.

Edited by Rudra

The issue is that only my main can be in Chaos United (Everlasting) and it would be truly unpractical to store my stuff there, my 52 other alts have a common base where they share all their goodies. What I am looking for is for a way for all 53 to be in Chaos United and still have an independent salvage repository

Sue

1 minute ago, MsSmart said:

The issue is that only my main can be in Chaos United (Everlasting) and it would be truly unpractical to store my stuff there, my 52 other alts have a common base where they share all their goodies. What I am looking for is for a way for all 53 to be in Chaos United and still have an independent salvage repository

Sue

If you are the SG leader or at least have base edit permission, then put in a Personal Storage Vault. It only stores salvage and is keyed just to the individual character using it. So even if you somehow have 1,000,000 or more characters interacting with it, each one will only see their own personal salvage storage.

Then ask the Chaos United (Everlasting branch) SG leader to put in a Personal Storage Vault. (Edit: Check to make sure there isn't one before you do though. Looks like a massive hinged vault door.)

Edited by Rudra

On 12/26/2023 at 5:51 PM, Rudra said:

Then ask the Chaos United (Everlasting branch) SG leader to put in a Personal Storage Vault. (Edit: Check to make sure there isn't one before you do though. Looks like a massive hinged vault door.)

Or just go to the Vault Reserve, which is in... pretty sure every non-hazard, non-pvp zone, or close to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

• Retired Developer
21 hours ago, Greycat said:

Or just go to the Vault Reserve, which is in... pretty sure every non-hazard, non-pvp zone, or close to it.

There's a link that will open the Vault Reserve window on the title bar jelly of the Salvage window, so you don't actually need to visit a Vault Reserve.

• Thanks 2

On 12/30/2023 at 8:45 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

If "Jelly" is the actual term of art for that section of the UI, I am going to absolutely lose it.

🤣

I just sort of associate that with some variants of the OS X UI....

• Thumbs Up 1