New IO powerset support friendly

Hugs:

If you look at the Winter IO sets, you will note that the follow a sequence like this, loosely:

2 sets: Usually a regen or recovery

3 sets: Usually a damage type resistance or health increase or debuff protection (usually slow only)

4 sets Accuracy Increase or Damage Increase

5 sets Recharge Time or damage resistance or defense type increase

6 sets Defense positional or Psionic/Toxic def/Resis

The winter sets, truly benefits Tank/Brute builds since resistance to damage is their core need and comes early in the set acquisition process, and then some brute/scrapper that are resistance based over defense based.

I suggest for a "Summer" IO set to be somewhat reversed to be support type friendly:

2 sets to be regen or recovery

3 sets to be positional or type defense

4 setsAccuracy or damage

5 sets Recharge Time or positional/type defense or debuff protection (but ensure that it now covers endurance, defense, resistance, and speed)

6 sets Damage resistance

The summer sets would also be invaluable to scrapper/stalker/brutes immensely since some are defense based for their survival, and their benefits would come early in the IO set process

Any suggestions or ideas?

Sue

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The "summer set" is technically Overwhelming Force. It just isn't named "Summer".

Yeah, but you get them through the "summer blockbuster" event... which is running year round (so should also really be renamed.)

And there is only one there. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing all four seasons represented. Heck, idea for a new, shifting contact.  Do the "support" set, with regeneration and the like, as a (more fitting!) spring set or two, a set or two that help sustain (in some sense) as a summer set, a set or two that are probably control heavy (slowing things down/DoT/probably fire procs) for an autumn set or two...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

32 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Yeah, but you get them through the "summer blockbuster" event... which is running year round (so should also really be renamed.)

And there is only one there. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing all four seasons represented. Heck, idea for a new, shifting contact.  Do the "support" set, with regeneration and the like, as a (more fitting!) spring set or two, a set or two that help sustain (in some sense) as a summer set, a set or two that are probably control heavy (slowing things down/DoT/probably fire procs) for an autumn set or two...

Can't the Winter packs be gotten year round too?

8 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

image.png.6b0da1c858b2fbbe7c042036b7b5093c.png

Got ideas for an Overwhelming Control or Overwhelming Support set?

* - Names subject to change. The overwhelmingness of the sets varies by person. Consult your doctor if overwhelming persists for 8 or more hours. Use as directed.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Got ideas for an Overwhelming Control or Overwhelming Support set?

* - Names subject to change. The overwhelmingness of the sets varies by person. Consult your doctor if overwhelming persists for 8 or more hours. Use as directed.

Golly those already sound super swell

ill take both please

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

if you stock with the name summer IOs, because of the ones you get thru the summer block, call it spring IOs for all I care, the important part to me as indicated in the title, is the attributes you get when you are starting to have IO sets. As mentioned the winter set defense benefits come usually at the 6 set combo, and the resistances upon the second set of IOs; I am looking for a reversal, where the for example the 5% range defense, be now when you have 2 sets as opposed to the winter's 6 sets, and thus being more support type friendly.

Hugs

Sue

6 hours ago, MsSmart said:

if you stock with the name summer IOs, because of the ones you get thru the summer block, call it spring IOs for all I care, the important part to me as indicated in the title, is the attributes you get when you are starting to have IO sets. As mentioned the winter set defense benefits come usually at the 6 set combo, and the resistances upon the second set of IOs; I am looking for a reversal, where the for example the 5% range defense, be now when you have 2 sets as opposed to the winter's 6 sets, and thus being more support type friendly.

Hugs

Sue

I will all but guarantee that you will never see a set that grants +5% DEF for a 2-enhancement set bonus. You can see 1.88%. I think even 2%. Possibly, but doubtfully, 2.5%. Massive bonuses like +5% DEF require a lot of investment in the sets to get. Nor does that make an enhancement set "more support friendly". I would think you asking for a more support friendly set would be a set that focused more on buffing the support powers/abilities of the support characters.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add missing period and remove extra "set".
  • Thumbs Up 1

As far as Overwhelming Force: IMO what we need first is a Superior Overwhelming Force set.

Right now, I pretty much only use the Overwhelming Force for:

1. Characters who are leveling up, and I don't have anything else specific to use for some power
  2. The KB->KD piece (99%) and/or the Endurance/Recharge piece (1%)

Once I get to a final (level 50) build, I feel that there are almost always better choices (in terms of Enhancement values AND set bonuses) to be had by using Superior Winter ATOs, Hami-O or D-Syncs, PVP level 50s, or (especially when frankenslotting) simply boosting non-attuned level 50 pieces. If I could get attuned and catalyzed values from a hypothetical Superior Overwhelming Force, I'd be using more of those pieces in many builds.

I don't want to completely yuck on the Overwhelming Force set, as it is a nice option for 'merit/inf poor' players to get some useful attuned set bonuses for running fun content... but as far as the set bonuses go, most of the actual set bonuses can be had by one-slotting certain uniques (as mules).

• Like 1