Villians

I'm not sure what you mean ed_anger.  Certainly on the in game LFG channels, blueside means heroes, and redside means villains?

1. there should be two different channels, not one mixed channel.

2. sort of. blueside is a set of content that was connected to heroes originally, now there's no limit on who can access it. same for redside. 1/2 my characters are villain ATs, most play blueside most of the time (but can switch to redside content in seconds by talking to one npc).

specific example: my brute has never been redside. my defender has done considerable redside content.

When we say Hero or Villain, we mean Blueside/Redside.

When we say Hero or Villain, we mean Blueside/Redside.

The only time I have seen redside/blueside come up in the game is LFG.  In that context it means Hero Only Zones/Content vs Villain Only Zones/Content

As it is in game slang there is no “official” definition for anyone to claim, just context.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I like having the LFG channel mixed between the red/blue side. I too have found chances to play a character that I've been wanting to at higher levels or in group settings by catching callouts for teams that I would have missed if it was restricted.

I don't know if its workable, but what if the LFG channel had different colored fonts based on alignment?

Villains-Red

Heroes- Blue

Praetorians- Gold

Rogues and Vigilantes in Gray or purple?

Or would that just be a visual overload making it harder to keep up with?

I like having the LFG channel mixed between the red/blue side. I too have found chances to play a character that I've been wanting to at higher levels or in group settings by catching callouts for teams that I would have missed if it was restricted.

I don't know if its workable, but what if the LFG channel had different colored fonts based on alignment?

Villains-Red

Heroes- Blue

Praetorians- Gold

I’d be fine with this...however is this a solution looking for a problem (are people struggling to decipher what LFG chat might be valuable for them)?

I’m exclusively blue so it’s not a problem for me, but since this about supporting redside just wondering what others experiences are.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Villains-Red

Heroes- Blue

Praetorians- Gold

I'm going to have to wave the red flag of ergonomics here, and suggest that you go off and look at the readability of different colors against the window background before you push for changes like this. Purple and grey, in particular, can be very hard to read, as will any other low-contrast color.

Villains-Red

Heroes- Blue

Praetorians- Gold

you mean, like this? A nice, easy on the eyes color?

or more like so? I wonder if these would be hard to read on a changing background? A nice, easy to read, blue.

considering there’s millions of colors, it’s probably possible to find readable reds, blues and yellows

That’s what I was thinking.  The question was more about whether having different colors based on alignment.  I figured Dev’s and Beta testing could sort the exact hue and we didn’t need to solve that in this thread

:P

How about giving players the options to choose their own colours for each alignment? Would allow colour blind players to set colours to something they can actually differentiate. But yes setting the default to something like above wouldn't be bad.