Villians

Red side is pretty sparse nowadays. 

Can we get a Forum for villain specific discussions? Is there already one out there somewhere? 

And any chance of designating an unofficial Redside server so we can accumulate in one place and get a little more grouping going. 

I would just give up and go vigilante or something, but I want the Villain alignment power on my Dominators.

I agree it would be nice to help the redside out.

There are some great ideas in this thread, it would be good to check them out and add your thoughts.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,4053.0.html

One thread is easier to manage and bounce ideas off.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Redside has been sparse since about six weeks into Issue 6, to be honest.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Redside will always be played less then Blueside, and I -love- Redside. I honestly prefer Grandville over Peregrine or Arachnos over Longbow any day of the week, but even on live this was the case, it will ALWAYS be the case. Thems just the facts.

*Nibbles on his Villain Alignment Power and cooler NPCs*

Totally agree, and I don't expect to change that. :)

I'd just like a little help getting more redside onto the same server, and a forum area.  Redside feels kind of like Roleplaying: not everyone wants to play that way, but it's better when the people who do are concentrated.  And we have a Roleplaying forum and unofficial RP server.

Getting us all on one server would help.  I plan to migrate my villains to the higher-redside-pop server myself, today or tonight.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I've said it several times now, and I'll say it again here: Indomitable should be the "unofficial villains' server," because it's also the unofficial PvP server. Each of those things helps to build up and support the other -- more villains mean better PvP, more PvP means more reason to play a villain.

And y'know, everyone: these designations being unofficial and all, there's no reason we have to wait for any sort of official unofficial declaration. So why not?

By the complete lack of power vested in me by absolutely nobody, I, some random dude on the internet, unofficially declare Indomitable the unofficial unofficial villains' server.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I've said it several times now, and I'll say it again here: Indomitable should be the "unofficial villains' server," because it's also the unofficial PvP server. Each of those things helps to build up and support the other -- more villains mean better PvP, more PvP means more reason to play a villain.

And y'know, everyone: these designations being unofficial and all, there's no reason we have to wait for any sort of official unofficial declaration. So why not?

By the complete lack of power vested in me by absolutely nobody, I, some random dude on the internet, unofficially declare Indomitable the unofficial unofficial villains' server.

+1 Inf for the lulz

I'm out.

Can we get a Forum for villain specific discussions? Is there already one out there somewhere? 

You know villains =/= redside, yes?

Villains are playing blueside, and heroes redside.

Though, since LFG only applies to a side, those channels should be separate. Why they're not I have no idea. 

I'm not sure what you mean ed_anger.  Certainly on the in game LFG channels, blueside means heroes, and redside means villains?

1. there should be two different channels, not one mixed channel.

2. sort of. blueside is a set of content that was connected to heroes originally, now there's no limit on who can access it. same for redside. 1/2 my characters are villain ATs, most play blueside most of the time (but can switch to redside content in seconds by talking to one npc).

specific example: my brute has never been redside. my defender has done considerable redside content.

I'm not sure what you mean ed_anger.  Certainly on the in game LFG channels, blueside means heroes, and redside means villains?

2. sort of. blueside is a set of content that was connected to heroes originally, now there's no limit on who can access it. same for redside. 1/2 my characters are villain ATs, most play blueside most of the time (but can switch to redside content in seconds by talking to one npc).

specific example: my brute has never been redside. my defender has done considerable redside content.

Ah, you mean the villain ATs don't need to play redside content?

Yeah, got that.  The problem is the Villain alignment power is really good for the Villain ATs, and you lose it for a week if you switch to blue to run some content or get a team.

Yeah, got that.  The problem is the Villain alignment power is really good for the Villain ATs, and you lose it for a week if you switch to blue to run some content or get a team.

being able to easily find teams > any 6 minute cooldown power

being able to easily find teams > any 6 minute cooldown power

I have no problems finding redside teaming on Everlasting. Its really good for that actually in my experience, also, giving any alignment their own server seems silly, Hero, Vigilante, Rogue or Villain its just daft. I really dont think time and money should be invested in that, but thats just me.

Unfortunately, Indomitable is current tied for third (aka tied for second to last place) in terms of redside population. :(  So we'd be fighting an uphill battle if it's not Everlasting.

It's going to be an uphill battle on any server. The whole reason there's a battle in the first place is that villain populations are low on all servers. That's literally the whole point of the suggestion to consolidate them in one place.

Three different channels (Praetorians!).

That might seem like a good idea at first, but how would it work exactly? Would a hero not be able to see the villain version of LFG and vice-versa? Would rogues and vigilantes see both? Because that would force rogues and vigilantes to post to two different channels if they're not particular about which side they play on today. And anybody who could see both channels, whether that's everyone or just rogs/vigs, would end up getting spammed with a lot of messages twice in a row as people posted once to hero LFG, then immediately again to villain LFG.

Exclusive channels would also prevent situations like what happened to me last night: I was on one of my heroes, doing a little shopping and crafting, and I saw someone in the LFG channel who was forming a redside team in a level range that just happened to include a villain I very much want to level up. So I dropped what I was doing and switched characters. If I had only been seeing blueside messages, I never would have known that was happening.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Just one channel.  Everyone specifies red, blue, and/or gold when posting to it.  And server, of course.  :)

Yeah, except that color of your UI and Icon next to your health and energy are tied to such concepts as "Hero" and "Villain" as far as the game's mechanics are concerned.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Yeah, except that color of your UI and Icon next to your health and energy are tied to such concepts as "Hero" and "Villain" as far as the game's mechanics are concerned.

You know where most of the villains are, right? Blueside.

Exclusive channels would also prevent situations like what happened to me last night: I was on one of my heroes, doing a little shopping and crafting, and I saw someone in the LFG channel who was forming a redside team in a level range that just happened to include a villain I very much want to level up. So I dropped what I was doing and switched characters. If I had only been seeing blueside messages, I never would have known that was happening.

This.  Happened to me many times forming a group - someone switches sides to join up.  Need one LFG per server...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You know where most of the villains are, right? Blueside.

What, villains cannot be redeemed?  Like Hawkeye?

Or are you just talking about ATs?  Should I point out the Hulk?

While the AT used to be side-locked, that is no longer the case.

Now, if you're just talking about people with the blue moniker leaving teammates to be brutally mobbed, then you may have a point.  Should I say, "Hail Hydra?"

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.