Updated Superman builds

hoopahnan

Hello, I played CoH back in the day and just got back into it this week. Like a million other people, I want to play Superman, and I got MidsReborn working but every build seems to be outdated and doesn’t work with the latest version.

what I’m looking for is an effective invuln/SS tanker with flight and laser eyes. I don’t need leap and speed, those seem repetitive with flight, though if there’s a move that makes you leap to an enemy that’d be nice.

2 hours ago, hoopahnan said:

though if there’s a move that makes you leap to an enemy that’d be nice.

Yes, there's Spring Attack and it is cool! I just wish it had a shorter recharge time.

I don't know much about Mids compatibility but here's my build to see if it works and give you ideas.

InvSS.mbd

You want Inv/SS with flight?

This is a build based on my Framework design.

Has blank Foot Stomp and Fire Blast 6 slotted.
Simply drop in Winter-Os.  PBAOE  (Superior Avalanche) and Ranged (Superior Winter's Bite) respectively.
It's already Alpha'ed.
But hasn't been set up with Accolades.

The Hyperstrike Actual build is mainly set up the way you want it.

Not the ABSOLUTE TOUGHEST thing available.
But tough for 99.9% of content.

Inv-SS-Flight - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd Hyperstrike Actual - 080521 - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Thank you both for your replies! Flight is a little harder to control then I'd like...can I trouble the hive mind for a "Golden Age" Superman, just for funsies? Inv/SS/Speed/Leaping. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...but no lasers or flying? 
I have a thing for old school comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hoopahnan said:

Thank you both for your replies! Flight is a little harder to control then I'd like...can I trouble the hive mind for a "Golden Age" Superman, just for funsies? Inv/SS/Speed/Leaping. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...but no lasers or flying? 

Just swap Super Jump for Fly and Hover for anything else (for example, Spring Attack, Cross Punch, Hand Clap, etc.)

5 hours ago, hoopahnan said:

Actually it's not that bad.
Remember that you can now stack Fly and Hover.  Going for a "speed hover" that retains your Defense.

Out of curiosity, Hyperstrike.  What with the relatively recent change in levels that powers become available, does it change whether a /SS should start with Jab, or does Punch work well enough or better?

16 minutes ago, Geodyne said:

Out of curiosity, Hyperstrike.  What with the relatively recent change in levels that powers become available, does it change whether a /SS should start with Jab, or does Punch work well enough or better?

It's basically a mathematical "meh" either way.

The reason you see it in my builds is basically because they were mostly generated using an older version of Mids.  As the build sharing function in newer versions IS ALL BROKE TO SHIIZZLE.

Edited by Hyperstrike

3 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

It's basically a mathematical "meh" either way.

The reason you see it in my builds is basically because they were mostly generated using an older version of Mids.  As the build sharing function in newer versions IS ALL BROKE TO SHIIZZLE.

I just like Punch's look better, so if it's even just a wash?  I'm a happyunderoos-on-the-outside boyscout.

• 2 weeks later
On 1/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, Geodyne said:

I just like Punch's look better, so if it's even just a wash?  I'm a happyunderoos-on-the-outside boyscout.

It's not gonna make a huge difference either way.  Punch is slightly better and has knockdown, which means it can slot the ever-useful Force Feedback:+recharge IO so you probably eventually want Punch anyway.

3 hours ago, Nintova said:

I desperately want to view Hyperstrikes Mo' tough builds but my up to date Mids is being a bastige.

Data outside bounds of array.

What tha wha?!?

Any ideas?

Yes.  VERY unhappy with the state of Mids.

Crippling a functional, but not always stable sharing system for a new system that's simply non-functional.

MoDurable-4-Flier.thumb.jpg.6bec7a14ae614584c6ca02cb5600e89b.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Yes.  VERY unhappy with the state of Mids.

Crippling a functional, but not always stable sharing system for a new system that's simply non-functional.

MoDurable-4-Flier.thumb.jpg.6bec7a14ae614584c6ca02cb5600e89b.jpg

Thank you kindly 🙂 I've read so many recommendations to your builds and I wasn't able to view a single one. I guess I snapped

I do have a question. I used Mystic flight as well, mostly because it also can have defense slotted. Is this a viable alternative to Combat Jumping? Seems like I could use it much like hover but with a higher top speed if it hits the fan, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Nintova

This build doesn't really require Hover, as the Defense numbers are already in the "OMG STOOPIT!" range.

The only reason I do it this way is to get the prerequisite power selections for Rune Of Protection to jack up the Resist numbers.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

Just returning to Paragon City after a lengthy absence, I can say honestly, that I bowed out when it went free to play. 

That said, I missed my Invul/SS so much and recreated him with thanks to the advice in this thread, thank you all.

I'm wondering if any of you would have a bind I could use to turn on fly, engage the autorun, and pop into flypose2 (admittedly the Supermaniest (new word) of the poses.

And help would be awesome

1 hour ago, Psyonico said:

/bind <key> "em flypose2$$autorun 1$$powexec_toggleon fly"

Should work I'm not at my computer to test it out though.

Last I checked, you can only complete two actions at a time...

Flypose, Autorun and Toggle are three.