Server Maintenance

Just wondering if it is possible to make it so that there is a warning in game, (or a message once you've logged in) Stating that there will be a server maintenance at such and such time.

Reason i'm asking, is not everyone checks the forums or uses Discord so if its posted on discord they have no idea why server is down and panic.  Occassionaly I've seen a warning when a GM has been in during those times but not always so if it pops up when you log in that its scheduled those that don't have discord will be notified.

They have this functionality already.  I’ve seen several in game pop-ups when I log in about server maintenance.  They may not be using it consistently, but it’s there.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• City Council

We have been using the [Admin] global broadcast to all shards leading up to maintenance in addition to announcing it the night before + 2 hours before the maintenance window in Discord. Sorry if you've missed these - we'll look at how we can make this more clear for everyone. :)

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I seem to recall in the old days they announced one hour out.  Adding in some one half hour out, ten minutes, five minutes out would probably be pretty useful.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have seen exactly that not long ago. I was announced that 'in about an hour we will be shutting down the shards for maintenance', then it was repeated again after 30 minutes, and finally at 10 minutes.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

How about a post, on the Announcement section, when the admins know that the servers will be going down for planned maintenance? That'd be best. Discord works wonders for unexpected stuff, but for planned things, please please use the forums.