Enhancement Diversification

8 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

I've been told I should google a recipe for blue waffles, too.

I hate mysef for being overly curious...

• Haha 3

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

8 hours ago, ZemX said:

There are some differences between the real world and video games... or so I hear.

I don't disagree that doing research on game mechanics is worthwhile, but @Oklahoman isn't being too outrageous here to suggest maybe a popup message appear the first time you hit an ED limit while enhancing a power or the first time you go over the Rule of Five.   Particularly the Rule of Five is so obscure, I would not be surprised if less than half the playerbase even knows about it.   I know something like less than half the randos I run into on PuGs even have IOs.  And I mean at level 50.

Yeah devs, how hard would it be to have a pop-up (while you hover an enhancement over an empty power slot) showing the actual bonuses you will get if you slot it there...before you drop it in. Just sayin... ;)

Game over man, game over!

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was thinking of that kiosk in Atlas that tell how long you been on patrol and how many times you been to the top of that guy's huge ball

If the number is > 100, is there a support group location for that...?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I STILL have arguments with people who six slot stamina.

I feel guilty when I put my third in. But hey, you know how all those one percenters get...enough is never enough!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Black Talon said:

I think many of us can experience a, "Been there, done that, nailed it shut," moment when reading that.  It honestly escapes me how the original Devs, back in '03-'04, would not have been able to pick up on how the players were multi-stacking enhancements to go for the damage/healing/defence-machines we were working on becoming back in Issue #1.  While I can appreciate the logic behind encouraging players to not want to just hit the single-enhancement type for any Archetype, I again think it was something so obvious they should have been anticipating it way ahead of the curve.

You have to remember that we were not playing the game the way Jack wanted us to play it. So, he forced us to play his way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Microphone 3

9 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I swear, the zombie ED arguments are reaching the level of the old PC-vs-Mac whinefests.

Vampire, not zombie.  Sure he's undead, but the comparison stops there.

7 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

I've been told I should google a recipe for blue waffles, too.

6 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Not ashamed to say I gave in, and found this intriguing recipe.  Now curiosity demands I must experiment.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/harrys-roadhouse-blue-cornmeal-waffles-recipe-1943693

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

1 hour ago, Nostromo21 said:

Depends...Twilight faux-vamps, Underworld uber vamps, Interview WTV new age vamps, or Bram's originals...? 😉

I favor Nosferatu versions.  Or the Near Dark murder hobo vamps.  Blood and Donuts protagonist, while somewhat unexplored power wise, was a great low power vamp.  Innocent Blood had a great bunch of “regular power” vamps.  I am more drawn in by a great story romp than i am some FANTASTIC new type of vampire.  🧛 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

the homecoming wiki actually has a LOT of information, most of it in an accessible structure.  but it is something that requires what used to be considered elementary research skills, now considered upper graduate level mystical knowledge

Yeah, I can get all the info on sets say, but which are best to use for my build, and in which powers...? I have to go to the SnarkyMIDsDB for those answers!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

I specifically did not google this

Tosh.0 taught me that lesson. “Never google…”.  So of course i did.  Bad bad decision 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I favor Nosferatu versions.  Or the Near Dark murder hobo vamps.  Blood and Donuts protagonist, while somewhat unexplored power wise, was a great low power vamp.  Innocent Blood had a great bunch of “regular power” vamps.  I am more drawn in by a great story romp than i am some FANTASTIC new type of vampire.  🧛 

If you are a bookworm, I highly recommend Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort. One of the best spins on vampires imho in modern literature. Necroscope was a damn good series, at least the first three, back in the 80s (very gorey from memory).

There is also a great, not so well known gothic horror series The Adversary Cycle by F. Paul Wilson, one of which was made into an excellent gothic horror movie - The Keep (there are 5 or 6 versions unfortunately, only 1 or 2 are relatively complete & worth watching). The book is quite different to the movie & very vampir-esque...for a while :). This later spawned the entire Repairman Jack series which I also enjoyed. Children of the Night is another fantastic one from him, for a different look at Dracula's/Count Vlad's origin story. Song of Kali is a different but just as great horror of his. And I'm not even into horror normally. Even more odd, as everyone remembers him for Hyperion, which although I'm a huge sci-fi nut I wasn't a big fan of and stopped half way, eh.

I was also a huge fan of True Blood back in the day, for all the wrong reasons. :classic_blush:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chuckers said:

You have to remember that we were not playing the game the way Jack wanted us to play it. So, he forced us to play his way. 

Chuckers, THANK YOU!  I very much appreciate getting the "inside voice" on exactly what the circumstances were "Back In The Day", and giving this bit of clarification.  All my apologies for my presumptions here - although, from what you've indicated, it's a certainty that, during Beta, you guys would have picked up the "Enhance 'em to death" play-style that we, as a player community, were pursuing back in '04.  What Mr. Emmert's thought process was during this time...well, I'm not going to go there.  All I will state is that the final outcome is something that grabbed hold of the superhero community's 'nads (in a nice way) and pulled us into something that we absolutely refuse to leave.  Chuckers, thank you again for everything you and your fellow Devs have done.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Black Talon said:

Chuckers, THANK YOU!  I very much appreciate getting the "inside voice" on exactly what the circumstances were "Back In The Day", and giving this bit of clarification.  All my apologies for my presumptions here - although, from what you've indicated, it's a certainty that, during Beta, you guys would have picked up the "Enhance 'em to death" play-style that we, as a player community, were pursuing back in '04.  What Mr. Emmert's thought process was during this time...well, I'm not going to go there.  All I will state is that the final outcome is something that grabbed hold of the superhero community's 'nads (in a nice way) and pulled us into something that we absolutely refuse to leave.  Chuckers, thank you again for everything you and your fellow Devs have done.

I was not a dev 🙂 Just a loyal player from one month after launch until closing. Jack thought that every character should be strong enough to handle 3 enemies that conned white in one encounter. Anything tougher than that, should have been a fight. That was something he posted in the forums. So it ended up as if large groups of players found something that made the game easier, it was nerfed. 

Edited by Chuckers
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1