Super Strength for Scrappers please

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Show me why SS needs to be homogenized to be brought to Scraps.

I would not be in favor of homogenizing Super Strength to bring it to scrappers, but neither am I in favor of porting it as is.

I think giving it something like Reach for the Limit for scrappers, a passive power that gives both passive +to-hit and +damage and a chance to proc +to-hit and +damage.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Even a lazy solution like giving Stalker/Scrapper SS crits that ignore Rage's damage enhancements, or half-damage crits, would work. It's not that complicated so as to require the entire set be reworked prior to a port.

Given how things went the last time the devs touched Rage, good luck with getting that through the fire and flame.

• Microphone 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

14 hours ago, skoryy said:

Given how things went the last time the devs touched Rage, good luck with getting that through the fire and flame.

I think a better chance, actually!!*

See, it doesn't affect Rage's functions, but does directly address concerns about the set being overpowered because of Rage-fueled Crits.

This should leave purists happy because the sets stay untouched on Tanker/Brutes, and on Scraps/Stalkers they still get the wildly out of control damage and tohit  without making the set ostensibly imbalanced power-wise.

By the way, did we all know that the DEF crash from Rage can completely nullified by Shadowmeld on Scraps/Stalkers? And you can still freely proc out attacks, including Moonbeam, to ride out the damage crash on style. Procs aren't affected by self -Damage. But they are affected by ToHit, which remains unaffected by Rage crash!

A simple, lazy solution to get Rage ported to Scraps. Which is what this thread is about!

*perhaps being a bit facetious here.

Ironically the Big Bag Rage Thread went down in flames because people cried for a full rework of the set rather than a simple proposed fix by the devs. And almost 5 years later, we've had neither. To say nothing about the lasting damage it did to forum feedback on concept development in that span.

Ok, I've been thinking about this, and here's what I think I'd do if I were the devs:

First, normalize all of the Super Strength attacks so that their damage is about the same as it is now with one stack of Rage active.

Tankers - Rage becomes like Strength of Will or One with the Shield. A click that lasts 60 seconds, has a 10 minute recharge and is immune to recharge buffs. This allows the Tank to tank and, about once per mission, do his "World of Cardboard" speech and lay the beat down on an EB.

Brutes - Rage is just replaced with another attack, preferably one with a cool animation. You don't need Rage, you have Fury. Buff Fury. (I know that's a separate discussion)

Scrappers and Stalkers get Super Strength with Build Up.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Brutes - Rage is just replaced with another attack, preferably one with a cool animation. You don't need Rage, you have Fury. Buff Fury. (I know that's a separate discussion)

Scrappers and Stalkers get Super Strength with Build Up.

Savage Melee on Stalkers has a pretty rocking Assassin strike... a main-hand upward jab.  Pair it with a huge knockback and Brutes could have "To the Moon" as a bonus attack with Super Strength.

• Thumbs Up 1