Super Strength for Scrappers please

Er, right. I'm with you. I'm just counterpointing Saiya's assertion specifically that rage is thematically intrinsic to super strength in media.

Mechanically, lump me in with the "just swap it with Build Up and rebalance the raw damage" crowd. (For porting to Scrappers/Stalkers; leaveit alone on Tankers/Brutes.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

How did I forget Spiderman as an example of a non-Tanker super strength character?!

A wizard cast a spell to make everyone forget him.  There was a documentary about it, Spider-Man: No Way Home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I on the other hand DO advocate throwing bears.

Bring it!!!

IMG_20210701_111145614.jpg.c3556ee74754d8feafefe658529fc7c5.jpg

Brought.  Do you even have a bear to throw?  I got mine right here (that's my solar array in the foreground).  What you got?  Nada.  NOTHING.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Fact is when most folk think super strength 

they think hulk

I feel like more people think of Superman

which is not a claim that he's stronger --that's a different argument-- just that he's a more recognizable super strong hero

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

how many times have we seen superman get mad and punch someone through a planet?

check out this image of spiderman getting so mad he punches hulk into orbit

r/Marvel - When Spider-Man punched Hulk into space, from Amazing Spider-Man #328

get mad, get stronger!

That's not Spider-man, that's Captain Universe in his body

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

IMG_20210701_111145614.jpg.c3556ee74754d8feafefe658529fc7c5.jpg

Brought.  Do you even have a bear to throw?  I got mine right here (that's my solar array in the foreground).  What you got?  Nada.  NOTHING.

Do you know where that bear came from?

Maybe PeregrineFalcon threw it there.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Do you know where that bear came from?

Pine forest to the south of the Lumiverse.  There are three bears living there.  I started seeing them the year after I moved out here.  This one's been coming to the cabin for the last couple of years, and is comfortable enough with me to relax and nosh on cat food while I stand 15' away, talking.  I'll be petting him within the next few years.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe PeregrineFalcon threw it there.

That would be an act of war, one to which I'd be forced to respond with an assault of such ferocity and immensity as to destroy the very planet on which we stand.  Since we still have said planet, clearly there was no war, so he couldn't have thrown it here.

Simple deduction, my dear Doctor @Ghost.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Player2 said:

With talk about replacing Rage with another power and rebalancing the attacks to make it viable for scrappers floating around, this could be viewed as an opportunity to fix Super Strength (for tankers and brutes) later.  As in do it different for the scrappers/stalkers and see how the set plays out with changes.  If it goes well, then look at that data as a means to address issues with the brutes and tankers version of the powerset.

Fix what we have that's broken before porting the broken thing to other archetypes. As it stands, Titan Weapon and Street Justice are perfectly thematic stand-ins for Super Strength as a concept.

• Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Fix what we have that's broken before porting the broken thing to other archetypes. As it stands, Titan Weapon and Street Justice are perfectly thematic stand-ins for Super Strength as a concept.

Titan Weapons does not let me throw rocks at people.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Aspiring game designer and minotaur main.

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

My collection of powerset suggestions - open to comments and feedback!

19 hours ago, Rudra said:

Personally, I think if Rage was just renamed to like Adrenaline Rush, there would be less complaints about it. How many times have there been requests for replacement powers for Rage that were mechanically the same but had a different name?

I already have Dibs on Bunny Foo Foo gogo time, sorry.

8 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I already have Dibs on Bunny Foo Foo gogo time, sorry.

WAIT I though CARP MELEE was next.

YOU WAIT YOUR TURN.

Edited by Lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

WAIT I though CARP MELEE was next.

YOU WAIT OYUR TURN.

I was pointing out the Rage rename to bffhggt was already set.  Adrenaline Rush is some kind of Getty Lee tribute band.

• Like 1

Next there will be another post about how Super Duper Man never fights mad. 

Then someone will suggest a second set called Might to just change 1 power they don't like the name of.

Then someone will claim again with only weak anecdotal justification that Rage doesn't  change the set's performance.

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:53 AM, A.I.D.A. said:

I disagree. TW and Street Justice look nothing like Super Strength. They feel nothing like Super Strength. I dont see it at all as a replacement. 

7 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I think about Superman or Juggernaut doing these moves and lmao.

I can imagine Rogue and Supergirl doing those moves and they have super strength.  🙂

That said, I agree, it's as I've said for why we need more Defense Sets...the feel!  I want a SS/INV Scrapper who's hurling a boulder!  Maybe Scrapper's version of Super Strength can have it were it's considered a must have attack 🙂

On 3/28/2024 at 5:01 AM, CrusaderDroid said:

Titan Weapons does not let me throw rocks at people.

It doesn't have to. It just has to be super strong, which swinging around giant slabs of metal absolutely displays about a character.

Edited by A.I.D.A.
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I can imagine Rogue and Supergirl doing those moves and they have super strength.  🙂

That said, I agree, it's as I've said for why we need more Defense Sets...the feel!  I want a SS/INV Scrapper who's hurling a boulder!  Maybe Scrapper's version of Super Strength can have it were it's considered a must have attack 🙂

try stone melee for scrapper

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?