I have a question?

Sorn

Hello Homecoming or other players of COH/COV.

I love this old game. I want to say that first. When I have been able to I have tried to donate to help support this great work established twenty years ago.

I just simply have one question though. 

How does this new license granted to Homecoming allow HC to make changes to this game or unless these changes just means further development and past development of this game is left alone, while NCSoft still owns the IP rights to this game?

I'm just trying to understand this point.

Thank you for your time

Sorn

Edited by Sorn

4 hours ago, Sorn said:

How does this new license granted to Homecoming allow HC to make changes to this game or unless these changes just means further development and past development of this game is left alone, while NCSoft still owns the IP rights to this game?

It's not about them needing the license to make changes or anything;  It's about giving Homecoming a greater degree of legitimacy and official recognition by the IP holder.  Think of it like this - before NCSoft's recognition, Homecoming basically existed as a sort of "pirate server".  Now, we're at least slightly more legit than that...

Oh Hi,

What am I trying to say? I think what I am trying to get at is. First off, I played during live. So I kind of remember the game during live. I am pretty sure I already noticed a few changes in the game that exists in the Homecoming version compared to the original. However, to be fair, Point 1: I never actually completed the whole game during live and well Point 2:. Simply it was twenty some years ago. Thus, it was awhile ago up until very recently, that I even played this game.

With that said, I noticed some specific changes already and I wasn't sure why they were made? Secondly, since HC still does not own the IP rights I was wondering how such (even small changes) could be allowed?

If HC, has reached some deal as it very well seems with NCSoft to continue development (with certain rules I think to what changes are allowed, not sure?) Meaning, new content and they now want to add things to the original game. Point 1: As long as it jibes with the fictional foundation of the world already established, for the most part I think I'm totally fine with that.

Point 2: What would bother me though is if I saw alterations to existing creations, that make up the game as it was established?

I hope this makes sense?

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by Sorn