Looking at Storm Blast/Dark Armor or Ninjutsu

deenol

I have a character theme in mind and both of the secondary powers will fit, i'm just not sure which one would be more compatible with SB. I've not played a Sentential much before so looking for some advice.

My idea is to mostly stand close range, or melee even so the storm clouds can do their thing. So wanting something thats a bit more tanky when close to groups. The character theme I have has stealth involved so having cloak of darkness or Shinobi-Iri works perfectly!

I'm mostly a solo player but will group up now and then if I have the time and see groups looking.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Of the two I would go with Ninjitsu.

Dark Armour is a great set on other ATs but is a poor port to Sentinels due to the change to the heal. On Sentinels the big AoE damage/heal has been replaced with a single target damage/heal/regen/end which for me takes away one of the cornerstones of DA. If you want to play DA. go with a melee AT.

On as side note. if you do want to stealth in a Sentinel, you can simply slot one of the Stealth Enh in Sprint, this will grant stealth whenever sprint is on. You can also take Stealth from the power pool, which stacks with the Enh to give invisibility. 

If you're going to be playing on the ground and not using Hover, I'd go with Super Reflexes and slot the Stealth Enhancement. SR has very good resistance to -def debuff.

Just my quick thoughts, have fun whatever you choose.

• Like 2

2nd For Ninja for any primary.   Can get it to soft cap easy enough and plenty of different tools in there for various IOs to shore up holes.  

Edit.  Off the top of my head with 0 thought of optimization for where stuff should go and just looking at set bonuses I threw this together. 

Sentinel (Seismic Blast - Ninjitsu).mbd

Edited by HelenCarnate
  • Like 2

Ninjutsu recommended, or Super Reflexes. I like defense on sentinels.

I like resist-based sets on Tankers (or brutes) due to their larger health pool.

That said, you really can make anything work well if it fits concept, aesthetic, and you put some work/influence into it and manage your play style/tactics.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 1/30/2024 at 12:30 PM, deenol said:

The character theme I have has stealth involved so having cloak of darkness or Shinobi-Iri works perfectly!

I really like ninjitsu on my sentinels.  It has no major holes and provides good defense, backed up by a heal and end recovery power.

• Like 1