Bio/MA Help

Dilanlius

I'm not comfortable slotting tankers at all, my defensive line on anything I come up with is just terrible. Does anyone have a Bio/MA build they are willing to share (Or even just Bio). I've tried retooling some builds but I don't like how they turn out. I find taxing Dragon's Tail and Crane Kick with Knockback to Knockdown and FF Recharge difficult. Is it better to just give up on Crane Kick?

I'm trying to also incorporate Soul for more AoE because I'm finding it lacking with MA. I'm just hitting 30 now so I'm trying to plan the build and am currently fully on Standard IOs and it is becoming hard to play. I've been playing the marketplace so I've got a starting pool of about 300mil influence so I should be good to upgrade once I find a build I like.

This character started more as a "I like the concept" character that I'm trying to turn into something more viable.

Thanks for reading.

2 hours ago, Dilanlius said:

I'm not comfortable slotting tankers at all, my defensive line on anything I come up with is just terrible. Does anyone have a Bio/MA build they are willing to share (Or even just Bio). I've tried retooling some builds but I don't like how they turn out. I find taxing Dragon's Tail and Crane Kick with Knockback to Knockdown and FF Recharge difficult. Is it better to just give up on Crane Kick?

I'm trying to also incorporate Soul for more AoE because I'm finding it lacking with MA. I'm just hitting 30 now so I'm trying to plan the build and am currently fully on Standard IOs and it is becoming hard to play. I've been playing the marketplace so I've got a starting pool of about 300mil influence so I should be good to upgrade once I find a build I like.

This character started more as a "I like the concept" character that I'm trying to turn into something more viable.

Thanks for reading.

Build something and put it up so we have an idea of what powers you're going to use. As you saw MA has low AoE but gives +10% defense and can speed the recharge by a lot from the Dragon Tail's knockdown triggering Force Feedback. So if you can hold until 40+ you can get a second AoE then.

Don't be afraid of spending your hard earned money since you can take those expensive IOs and transfer them to your next alt.

This is what I was tooling around with on mine:

bioma.thumb.png.4cabd4dc85d81c6da6af225bc254b939.png

Wow - Tanker (Bio Armor - Martial Arts).mbd

This thing hits like a truck and is probably also one of the safest Tanks on my roster. I decided to leverage Cross Punch into my rotation for another FF proc and AoE. All of my attacks chunk really hard and of course since it's a Bio Tank it's hard to crack and that's without sitting in Defensive mode. My rotation is a bit wonky (it usually looks something like CAK -> Storm Kick -> Crane Kick -> Cross Punch -> Storm Kick depending on FF proccing) but it works.

I hope this steers you in a decent direction!

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

24 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Build something and put it up so we have an idea of what powers you're going to use. As you saw MA has low AoE but gives +10% defense and can speed the recharge by a lot from the Dragon Tail's knockdown triggering Force Feedback. So if you can hold until 40+ you can get a second AoE then.

Don't be afraid of spending your hard earned money since you can take those expensive IOs and transfer them to your next alt.

Sure, I can attach my build. I don't think it's super good. I'm trying to focus too much on healing I think and not enough on just doing more damage, but maybe I'm not looking at it right. It's also really expensive, but as you mentioned I can always throw them back on the market or mail them to someone else if this ends up not working out.

17 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

This is what I was tooling around with on mine:

bioma.thumb.png.4cabd4dc85d81c6da6af225bc254b939.png

Wow - Tanker (Bio Armor - Martial Arts).mbd 43.76 kB · 0 downloads

This thing hits like a truck and is probably also one of the safest Tanks on my roster. I decided to leverage Cross Punch into my rotation for another FF proc and AoE. All of my attacks chunk really hard and of course since it's a Bio Tank it's hard to crack and that's without sitting in Defensive mode. My rotation is a bit wonky (it usually looks something like CAK -> Storm Kick -> Crane Kick -> Cross Punch -> Storm Kick depending on FF proccing) but it works.

I hope this steers you in a decent direction!

Thanks, that helps a lot. I never considered using Cross Punch at all. I was stuck trying to fit Gloom/Dark Obliteration into the build but that's probably less worth it than just 1 extra ability.

Bio MA My Attempt.mbd

12 minutes ago, Dilanlius said:

Sure, I can attach my build. I don't think it's super good. I'm trying to focus too much on healing I think and not enough on just doing more damage, but maybe I'm not looking at it right. It's also really expensive, but as you mentioned I can always throw them back on the market or mail them to someone else if this ends up not working out.

Alright. Things to consider:

- Storm Kick is pretty much the reason to take Martial Arts since it gives +10% defense. You're currently at 34% to Smash and Slashing and simply by trading Thunder Kick for Storm Kick you're at 44%. 45% is the softcap 😄

- Because you now have so much Energy and Negative defense thanks to Storm Kick you can lower the slots in Environmental Protection.

- Ablative Carapace is a big reason to take Bio Armor since it gives you a small heal and a LARGE absorb shield. You current build has 2.4k HP. Ablative Shield fully slotted gives... 1.9k absorb. It's big (that'swhatshesaid!). And it also gives extra regen (200%) to passively tick your HP up while the shield is taking the hits for you.

- The damage proc in Genetic Contamination does not do much for you. You can put the last Gauntled Fist in to get the 6%. You're overcapped in S/L, but, with some creative slotting you can toggle off Tough and just keep it as a mule. Not a big deal since you have so much endurance thanks to DNA Siphon.

- Which, speaking of, wants a Theft of Essence proc to finish rounding up your endurance. I usually keep it with just that one slot in.

- Focus Chi is your damage boost. I know, I know, you're playing a Tanker, you just want defense. But dead things can't hurt you back and it helps if you're solo or facing a single enemy, yeah? Plus it's a nice spot to put some Adjusted Targeting and boost your weak spot which are E/N resistances.

- It's a sin to take 4 purples in Crippling Axe Kick and not take the 5th for the juicy recharge.

- Crane Kick is a place to have another Force Feedback to push all your cooldowns faster. Both it and Cobra Strike do about the same damage and have the same animation time so it's a matter of choosing if you want stuns or you want KDs (with FF procs). Cobra Strike will do a bit more damage since it has two 'free' slots not dedicated to KB, but under the hood those FF procs from Crane Kick will make Focus Chi (damage) recharge faster, Ablative (heal/absorb) recharge faster, DNA Siphon (endurance/heal) recharge faster.

- Crippling Axe Kick is a good move but only arrives at level 28. You can just take Cobra Strike and slightly less damage (unenhanced 103 damage VS 112) and have a super low level attack chain whose highest attack is level 16. So even if you exemplar down to Posi 1 you still have your full attack chain. I left it in but consider it's an option.

- Strictly speaking you don't need Eagle's Claws since its animation is long enough that you can do two kicks during the same time and have done as much damage, take or leave a few. But it looks cool and that matters if you'd rather have it, though you don't need so many attacks by then so probably just swap it for Crippling Axe Kick. Eagle's Claw does come with a small damage boost for the next attack but it is so short lived it only lasts long enough to boost the one or two attacks.

Alright, this is what I got. I'm not super happy about it since I had to keep Tough toggled on and the E/N resistances remain low but otherwise S/L resistances are at a sweet spot that a second ATO stack from Might of the Tanker in Crane Kick pushes them to over 85%, and then either a third stack makes them reach 90% or you take Barrier (advised IMO) and the permanent 5% will do the same job much more reliably than a 3rd stack.

This is not exactly a leveling build and it's expensive, but if you want an interim cheaper leveling build to then slowly transition into this one just beep me.

Bio MA My Attempt.mbd