Name Database and Server Outsource

Czar

I rerolled a character and had a name reserved with the green checkmark and when I went to enter the game it said name unavailable, when 5 minutes before I had a character with that name. I tried all different combinations and had the same result and i even tested a few other combinations with adding and " or ' and its still says the same thing.  Has anyone else had this issue? Was the name Database borked with the server move? If so could the name database be cleaned up or something. 

Edited by Czar

I thought this happened to me recently.  I made a Irresistible except when I deleted and re-rolled, I forgot that had misspelled it with ible instead of able at the end because the correct spelling was already taken.  I went around in circles trying to figure it out before I remembered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I thought this happened to me recently.  I made a Irresistible except when I deleted and re-rolled, I forgot that had misspelled it with ible instead of able at the end because the correct spelling was already taken.  I went around in circles trying to figure it out before I remembered.

thanks for the reply. However that isnt the case here.  I tired everything and even compared sceenies to my spelling. very irritated

1 minute ago, kanga said:

The odds of that happening...

also, wasn't there a thing that if you check a name and get the checkmark, it temporarily holds it?

Like I said. "

2 minutes ago, kanga said:

The odds of that happening...

also, wasn't there a thing that if you check a name and get the checkmark, it temporarily holds it?

I rerolled a character and had a name reserved with the green checkmark"

7 minutes ago, Czar said:

thanks for the reply. However that isnt the case here.  I tired everything and even compared sceenies to my spelling. very irritated

You sure?  Because you spell atrodatiousle

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

12 minutes ago, Czar said:

You asked if anyone else had this issue and I said that I thought I did.

I didn't mean to imply that you had the same problem I did.

Have you gone back (X amount of time later) and tried it again?  Just wondering if there's a scheduled job on the backend or something and you just landed in-between passes.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

44 minutes ago, roleki said:

Have you gone back (X amount of time later) and tried it again?  Just wondering if there's a scheduled job on the backend or something and you just landed in-between passes.

Yes. Im not sure what going on. I just tried to make the same character on all servers and got the same thing no matter how it was spelled. The only other thing I can think of is that the Devs area bout to use it gfor a new NPC  and blocked out the name

Perhaps, during the character creation it only checks to see if the name is already taken by another player.

Then, when you try to actually enter the game, it checks against another list of names that are used by characters in-game or simply prohibited for various reasons.

That's my best guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.