Thanks For The Gift, Can I Give It Back?

Personally, I too am not a fan of earning patrol XP for explores.  I don't mind getting patrol XP in general... I just prefer getting real XP for the explores and wished it was that way again.  This is one of the bummers to this patch, but soooooooooooooooo minor. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Debt consumes Patrol XP though. 

You can use debt to get rid of patrol xp by using the patrol xp to pay off the debt rather than level with it, but nothing cancels patrol xp. To the best of my knowledge, using the x2 xp buff from START (formerly P2W) stacks with patrol xp. And that was the question I was answering.

48 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You can use debt to get rid of patrol xp by using the patrol xp to pay off the debt rather than level with it, but nothing cancels patrol xp. To the best of my knowledge, using the x2 xp buff from START (formerly P2W) stacks with patrol xp. And that was the question I was answering.

Yeah, debt consumes patrol xp. What about turning on SG mode? I'll have to check next time I'm on. 

Edit: Nope, no luck. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

12 hours ago, Rudra said:

I feel like we've previously had this discussion.

I don't remember it. I apologize. Perhaps with someone else.

And with the exception of patrol xp, the day job bonuses don't rocket you further along on your levels, increasing the likelihood of missing content unless you turn off xp

Okay, so you are against it for the xp and acknowledge that the situation can be resolved by turning off XP.

It seems that option exists, so I'm really not seeing the reason for all the animosity projected at it.

We can't turn off the bonus server XP either unless we turn off XP.

A this point, I do turn off xp on some characters because I figure - by character conception - that they have hit their "cap" or that I don't outlevel content or to stop from reaching level 50. 

I have the ability to turn xp off, so their patrol xp makes no difference.

I suggest since we already have a tool to turn off xp gain, that we use it.

Also, you already state that you know how to get rid of patrol xp if you really don't want it by letting your character get defeated until it is gone.

Not to argue, but It seems that all the bases are covered.

Now if I were to turn said poll around and ask how many people were indifferent to players getting access to a means of not getting patrol xp as opposed to it? The numbers go up by a lot. My reference for that? On all the threads I've made asking for a means of getting rid of or not getting patrol xp? The people opposed were a smaller number than the people in favor, with most of the comments being an indifferent "as long as it is just an option, I'm fine with it".

You know I try to support you in many situations.

This is one that I can't.

I think putting up a poll and having a significant sign that there are sufficient number of players to make this something for the DEVs to look into would support your case.

That's why I suggested it.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

30 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I have the ability to turn xp off, so their patrol xp makes no difference.

Turning off xp prevents me from acquiring xp from enemies and missions. (I do use it. Rather frequently so I don't outlevel the content at my current level range with the character I am playing at the time.) Turning off xp does not prevent me from acquiring patrol xp. Nothing does.

32 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I suggest since we already have a tool to turn off xp gain, that we use it.

Also, you already state that you know how to get rid of patrol xp if you really don't want it by letting your character get defeated until it is gone.

Not to argue, but It seems that all the bases are covered.

And out of my nominal hour of play time, that is a half hour of just spawning into a PvP zone from my base to just die and not actually play. I would like to spend my hour playing and not committing suicide repeatedly to be able to play.

33 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

You know I try to support you in many situations.

This is one that I can't.

I appreciate that you try to support me in many situations. I also understand that you cannot in this case. It doesn't change my stance on patrol xp though. Sorry.

34 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I think putting up a poll and having a significant sign that there are sufficient number of players to make this something for the DEVs to look into would support your case.

That's why I suggested it.

The whole point of this thread was to just give some (negative) feedback on an implemented change I do not like. It was not my intent to delve back into the "let me not accrue patrol xp!" debate again. For at least the 4th time on this forum. (Which is why I specifically stated in the OP that I am not asking for a reversion or making a suggestion.) And while I understand where you are coming from with the poll, I am not aware of any forum poll giving the devs any more of an incentive to consider what a player is saying on the forums than just making another non-poll thread. All I am doing, or at least was trying to do, was give my voice in feedback with no expectation of anything changing. Call it venting, I don't care. You know what? Fine. I'll make the poll. It won't change a thing and goes well beyond what I wanted to do with this thread, but I'll make it.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Turning off xp does not prevent me from acquiring patrol xp. Nothing does.

Okay, but it does top the effect of patrol xp other than debt.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I appreciate that you try to support me in many situations. I also understand that you cannot in this case. It doesn't change my stance on patrol xp though. Sorry.

I don't expect you to.

I don't think it is worth the DEVs time to deal with it, and, yeah, you won't change my stance on this either.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

You know what? Fine. I'll make the poll. It won't change a thing and goes well beyond what I wanted to do with this thread, but I'll make it.

I give up.

I haven't been trying to argue with you or start a fight.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.