TPN Itrial

Milrop

On Indom, we run Itrials every evening.  TPN is usually one on the list each night.  Tonight, we noticed more Heavy Commanders and Heavy Troopers than normal.  Has anyone else encountered this?  I like a challenge in these, but that was insane.  Missiles were flying all over the place draining endurance like mad.

1 hour ago, Milrop said:

On Indom, we run Itrials every evening.  TPN is usually one on the list each night.  Tonight, we noticed more Heavy Commanders and Heavy Troopers than normal.  Has anyone else encountered this?  I like a challenge in these, but that was insane.  Missiles were flying all over the place draining endurance like mad.

No idea but a pug MoM tonight was a horrid slog that we failed (if we had a minute more we would have won).  The last boss was at about 25%.  We couldnt keep the lady from going straight to the center in the cave room.  It was like she was on roller skates.  This despite us having enough damage (admittedly barely) to get the requirement for putting down penny with only 4 whatevers killed. It was just a rough run. 

Not an iTrial, but... last night, I test-ran a friend's new AE arc, as a duo, on -1/1. We were SWAMPED with bosses. Every other mob had one, and the mobs themselves were packed in insanely tight, often making it near-impossible to avoid aggroing two or three groups at once. We died something like 5 or 6 times each, in a single mission, and gave up on continuing.

He swore up and down that he hadn't done this on purpose, and that in fact there were no settings that could MAKE it happen - and also that it hadn't behaved like this when he ran it with a few other friends just a few days ago...

I wonder if something in the new patch has affected boss-spawns. If so, I need to get on my Badger, stat, and start racking up those badge-mob kills! 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

Not an iTrial, but... last night, I test-ran a friend's new AE arc, as a duo, on -1/1. We were SWAMPED with bosses. Every other mob had one, and the mobs themselves were packed in insanely tight, often making it near-impossible to avoid aggroing two or three groups at once. We died something like 5 or 6 times each, in a single mission, and gave up on continuing.

He swore up and down that he hadn't done this on purpose, and that in fact there were no settings that could MAKE it happen - and also that it hadn't behaved like this when he ran it with a few other friends just a few days ago...

I wonder if something in the new patch has affected boss-spawns. If so, I need to get on my Badger, stat, and start racking up those badge-mob kills! 😛

And you believed him?   Sounds like he (intentionally or not) had it 4/8

7 hours ago, Milrop said:

I did a Manti yesterday and I did notice a few points along the way where there was a lot of boss-heavy spawns (5-6 bosses and maybe a minion). 

Nothing scientific, just something I kinda went "huh" to yesterday.

My SG did a Keyes iTrial last night on Excel and noticed all the Victoria Bosses in Reactors 1-3 were replaced with War Walkers, and in the bunkers and in Reactor 2 they were replaced with Sentry bot bosses. It actually made the trial easier, since you didn't have to deal with Victoria melee spam while trying to click glowies.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

No idea but a pug MoM tonight was a horrid slog that we failed (if we had a minute more we would have won).  The last boss was at about 25%.  We couldnt keep the lady from going straight to the center in the cave room.  It was like she was on roller skates.  This despite us having enough damage (admittedly barely) to get the requirement for putting down penny with only 4 whatevers killed. It was just a rough run. 

Merp - i was part of this. Lots of AOE auras and taunts going on unfortunately. I think probably should’ve really been stressed not to do it. Even after it was said multiple times to not, I was still getting taunted a lot. 

it’s a hard trial so I didn’t mind honestly, I actually enjoy failing things in the game lol

10 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

it's sounding like bosses are spawning in place of lieutenants?

It does, which would explain issues with the portal spawns reported for the Serpent Drummer defend Portal Corp mission, what it doesn't explain is the sheer number spawning and that all portals seem to start spawning villains as soon as the first portal is attacked. We got problems folks...

PortalProblems.JPG.a9ce58ca57010e1d295b3ba5525c38b4.JPG

Photo Courtesy of @Sechs

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

27 minutes ago, Gavlam said:

Merp - i was part of this. Lots of AOE auras and taunts going on unfortunately. I think probably should’ve really been stressed not to do it. Even after it was said multiple times to not, I was still getting taunted a lot. 

it’s a hard trial so I didn’t mind honestly, I actually enjoy failing things in the game lol

Yeah i respec’d after last mom ( same issue but we made it thru ). I added all 3 leadership toggles. Unfortunately i seemed to be the only one running tactics and assault 

41 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yeah i respec’d after last mom ( same issue but we made it thru ). I added all 3 leadership toggles. Unfortunately i seemed to be the only one running tactics and assault 

Yep.  Again, the Homecoming player base as a whole severely undervalues AoE mez protection.  You just got to be the one to do it yourself, with Clarion Core Destiny and/or Tactics.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Yep.  Again, the Homecoming player base as a whole severely undervalues AoE mez protection.  You just got to be the one to do it yourself, with Clarion Core Destiny and/or Tactics.

yeah, i almost did not take assault, but it has the prot from taunt lol.  gettin' brutal out there with the new playah base

• Thumbs Up 1

We went back tonight and sure enough, all the mobs that used to be Commanders got promoted to Heavy Commanders.  Missiles were flying all over again. but we were expecting them tonight.

We also noticed that Anti-Matter has dismissed the Vicki's in Keyes and is now using War Walkers in their place.

Just ran a abandoned sewer trial.  I dont think it was any tougher than it has ever been.  It was tough enough. There were 5 of us. Although it seemed at least one person (random, and at least one (me for a min) was dead at any time. 

Now I joined this pug, led by a 50. And. Not. A. Single. Other. Person.  Knew.  Anything.   It was brutal.  But I just kept typing the same stuff out in chat and they mostly did it. 

Best interchange of the Trial.  

random teammate.  “I just used AoE on a generator.”

me.  “Ya, dont do dat”

random teammate. “Okay dad”

Once I had communicated the plan it took three cycles to knock it down.  We were only given 3 particle cannons.  I think we could have done it in two but the first round a few people freaked at the ambush.  I gave more “encouragement” on tactics for round two lol

Edited by Snarky