Suggestion: Badge Monitoring - similar to Powers/combat attributes/Monitor function

Sszl

Good morning.  My suggestion:  I would love a way to add specific badges progress to the screen somehow similar to the way you can select one stat from the powers/combat attributes/monitor when you right click there.  I like the small little display of the stats, for example that I can drag around on the screen wherever I want it, resize the displayed stat, etc..  I would rather not  have to keep the whole badge window open and have to navigate around it to find the 2 or 3 badges I would like to monitor progress on.  Make sense?  Thanks for any thoughts or questions.

Note that I was able to find one suggestion that seems similar from searching the forums - post from 2021.  This one was suggesting a specific implementation of something called Badgemonitor in game. I saw where someone on the game council responding that the implementation suggested wasn't easily done. 

Since it has been over 3 years since this was posted, I thought a resurface without specifying "how" to do it might be re-considered by the dev team.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'd love to see something like this!
For starters, it might help me remember to log off in the correct zone for the Badges I'm trying to get, lol.

but yeah, definitely an upvote from me.

• Like 1

spacer.png  Peacebringer Wispur 

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Too much concern with badges.  They should all be removed from the game.

Well, now, that might be a little extreme. Even I enjoy running around a zone or two collecting the Explo ones as a break from incessant combat.

Let's face it, this game has several factions, each largely convinced they're playing the right way, that everyone else are just sad puppies, and want the game features developed and optimized to suit their preferences. Fortunately, so far, most niche features are configurable or optional, so all the factions can get along on the same platform. Badgers are among the most harmless in this regard, although the grand mal fits the first few days of discovering the Atlas badges had been shuffled were... intriguing.

I don't know why Badge Monitor was disabled. By all means, bring it back. But under no circumstances make it required or not hideable.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com