What does Healing do withing Support Radial Embodiment power?

cohRock

I have a level 50 fire/fire tank with his Hybrid power (Support Radial Embodiment) at tier 4.  One of its capabilities is "10.64% strength to healing on target".  Fine, except I cannot see that it does anything.  It does improve damage, accuracy, and defense as documented, with the heal, though, no change is obvious.  It does not improve Max Hit Points or Regeneration.  However, it does show up in "Healing Bonus".  Yet neither my own Healing Flames, nor the healing from my Immune Surgeon Essence (Lore Pet, Cimeoran Total Radial Improved Ally).  I assume the healing bonus does something, but what?

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

Here's the details: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=incarnate.hybrid.support_genome_9

The only healing component I see in the entry is below:

• "(0.08 * Melee_Ones)% Heal Dmg, Smashing Dmg, Lethal Dmg, Fire Dmg, Cold Dmg, Energy Dmg, Negative Energy Dmg, Psionic Dmg, Toxic Dmg, Confused, Afraid, Terrorized, Held, Immobilized, Sleep, Accuracy Strength (all affected targets) for 10s"

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

So, in trying to answer your question, I look at my own hybrid power options on my character while I'm in-game: Melee, Assault, Control and Support. 

My character is merely 30, which is why things are a bit dim, but you can make out the words.
image.png.408829e192a67fe5084df9dc0333ffc2.png

I've never bothered to figure out what in the world "Special" means. Perhaps this healing is part of that. If it is, I suspect there's an issue somewhere, in that it should boost your healing flames by some measure. As for why it's not...no idea. 
I did log my fire brute onto brainstorm, and easily swapped in the support radial embodiment to see if there was any change. Getting 767 with my assault core hybrid. I took it out and replaced with the support, and still got 767. For kicks and grins, I swapped out my Musculature Alpha for vigor, and did see the numbers increase to 888. But that's an alpha, which is not really a separate power, but like an extra enhancement. So, the mechanics for how things work is very likely going to be different. 

Curious, I created an emp defender on brainstorm and insta-50'd to see how this would impact a character that has healing as a significant part of their powerset. Healing aura with a full set of doctored wounds without any hybrid slotted healed for 275. And, same result with the support radial slotted. 

And, on an aside, perhaps we could have our devs change the wording to be more precise about what "special" actually means. 

• Like 1

As far as I know, it boosts your heal OTHER things powers.  As you are a fire/fire tank, that basically means medicine pool or Rebirth Destiny.

It doesn’t affect your lore pet because they only get one instance of the hybrid power inherited when summoned - which lasts 10 seconds - whereas you get the power refreshed as long  as the power is active.

Edited by Honorbridge

Unlike the other Hybrids, Support isn't a self-only power. It's a league-wide buff with an 80 foot radius and 255-target max. Everyone in range gets an 8% damage, accuracy, defense, mezz and healing buff (the healing and mezz are the "+special"). It works like a mini Power Boost. 

The reason Hybrid/Support didn't buff Healing Flames is that Healing Flames is flagged to ignore external strength boosts (because the power also provides toxic resistance). The reason it didn't buff your Immunes Surgeon is that the radial support pets are untouchable.

image.png.6d9dcdb1f8933f860873ef56b6d1109f.png

• Like 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller