New Fire Fire (then more Fire!) Blaster

I have tried one or two of these in the past.  Things that stood out were 1) I was not a good player 2) The fire special effects are some of the best in the game.  3) Danged.  That is a damage sandwich with a side of damage.  

I still pretty much struggle to not play like a Brute.  Which I played for years.  But I at least now mostly try to plan before I do crap.  I have decided now is the time to in depth explore one of these edge case monsters.  Can one survive by damage alone?

The plan is to badge every story arc in the game.  By that I mean a limited completionist run. I will run every contact who offers a badge from 1-50.  After I get the badge I move on, arc done or not.  I will not do any arcs that do not have badges, unless required to unlock a badge contact.  I will be stopping experience to achieve all badges in a level range before moving on.  

I will be starting in Praetoria.  All arcs there are required for a badge.  It is easier for me to just knock them out normally. Then Ouro the 1-19 badges red/blue.  Then proceed on to 24, stop exp, badge. Then 29, 34, 39, 44.  

The current character look is a Black Knight, visor down, flaming eyes on a black soectrum (empty) suit if armor.  Looks pretty good. CoH really does a great job with flame art. 

Dang, I think you've started like 3 new characters in the time I've been playing my now-leveled latest Dom, and here I am feeling listless about playing at all any more to boot.  Maybe I should just do another MA arc and wait for the alt-urge to strike anew...

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

hmm, i ran a fire/fire on live and really enjoyed it, though i’m not sure it’s right for what you’re seeking to do, Sir Snark

it’s an amazing meatgrinder for x8 missions but has zero utility compared to other sets - no mez, no secondary effects (other than death)

if i was doing your challenge solo, i’d go for something like ice/ice, or fire/martial

21 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

hmm, i ran a fire/fire on live and really enjoyed it, though i’m not sure it’s right for what you’re seeking to do, Sir Snark

it’s an amazing meatgrinder for x8 missions but has zero utility compared to other sets - no mez, no secondary effects (other than death)

if i was doing your challenge solo, i’d go for something like ice/ice, or fire/martial

Yeah I am solo.  Is it bad that I look at your obvious statement if truth as a gauntlet thrown down lol?   I will be running with full P2W, errr start kit.  As well as doing anything required to finish a particular task… including whining in LFG….

image.thumb.jpeg.01952b296eb77035d24360d35b3c0b5a.jpeg

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Yeah I am solo.  Is it bad that I look at your obvious statement if truth as a gauntlet thrown down lol?   I will be running with full P2W, errr start kit.  As well as doing anything required to finish a particular task… including whining in LFG….

i think it’s doable and you’re experienced enough to make it happen, but i think it’ll become grating rather than strategically challenging.

for example, on lower level CoT or Tsoo you could mez the -acc givers or use something with KB to temporarily put someone out of action whilst defeating them, rather than both of you repeatedly punching each other in the face until one of you dies

as someone who mains a dom, i really notice the lack of mez or secondary effects when i play stuff on test server - them critters sure are damaging when awake and angry

or stick with the fire/fire and embrace it, form teams with a defender and lead tank allowing you to implement the fiery chaos

• Thumbs Up 1

Fire Fire Fire is always doable as someone with a Bale Fire in every Archetype with all fire powers at 50 can attest

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Remember what I told you, Snarky. Lead with fireball. Always. 

Also, remember what Mr. Miyagi told Daniel-sahn. "Best way to block hit, no be there". 

If you avoid melee a fair bit, at least until you can get tough/weave going, you'll be better off. 

• Like 1

I don't think Fire/Fire is as bad as many of us remember it. Back in the old days it was the epitome of a debt machine.

With that said I think this would be terrible combination for me because how methodically I typically play. With Fire/Fire you just have to go for it and trust the best offense is the best defense.

Edited by FFFF

My first char was fire/fire/fire.   So much face planting.  I did reroll her on HC as Fire/Time which has been fun, but I did make a fire^3.   Once you have Rise, it's just part of the rotation.

That said, my fire blasters are beasts throwing out enough damage that most things are dead before they become an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1