Brute v Scrapper for end game

Which do you think is subjectively better for end-game content? Scrapper or Brute? The powersets would be regen and energy melee. I just want to figure out which I would have a better time with doing TFs, story arcs, and overall content with.

For Regen as a secondary, I'd go Brute because of the higher hit points gives you more regen.

I have a Martial Arts Brute with regen that is fun to play, though it's definitely not my best survivable brute.  (Same goes for my Psi/Regen Scrapper)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think both ATs are end game viable but brutes, if built well, can more easily play a pseudo tank role owing to higher resistance caps and hit points.

I like defense sets for scrappers and resistance sets for brutes in general. I have not played regen on brutes since I’ve started on HC so I’m ignorant as to what they can do in end game content. Regen on Sentinels is actually pretty good, while the consensus opinion is that it is underwhelming on scrappers (though IOs can probably patch many of the perceived shortcomings)

• Thumbs Up 1

Regen is better on Brute than Scrappers, BUT Energy Melee is better on Scrappers than Brutes. So it's a toss-end depending on which you value more (offense or defense).

A Regen Brute with support buffs can actually be super tanky so they have an endgame/hardmode niche, while Regen on Scrappers is mostly just for concept/theme. Scrappers are of course good in the endgame because damage is king, and hardmode has some serious DPS checks, but there are better choices than Regen for their armor set. So if you're set on Regen specifically, then Brute has a bit more of a clear niche carved out for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

For my money, it's brute all the way. Couple of reasons: 

1. Higher HP. This means, for regen, higher regen rate. 
2. Higher resist cap values (90% vs 75%) 

• Thumbs Up 1