Bots. Battle Drone 1 is a dufus

SmalltalkJava

You have some spare time as a mid level bots/ff player.  So I concentrated on my pet commanding for an evening.  This could be coincidence. But I was playing my bots/ff and really using the GOTO command. Every time my bots would move into melee range I would  command them to relocate elsewhere.  I have GOTO bound to my shift+LButton so I can redirect them quickly by clicking the screen.    I noticed after a while of teaming that Drone 1 is almost always the first bot to run into melee range.    I didn’t keep exact numbers but I’d lay money that it was in the 90% range.  So much so, that my daughter noticed that it was always the same bot moving in. 

Sorry about the grammar. I don’t have much time, but I wanted to get this posted

It's funny because I have one that always does that and had originally named him Tweedle DumDum but it was Bot 3 of the tier 1s.. and even still he feels wonky. Takes the weirdest ways to go anywhere and always shoots people in their face. Part of me wishes I could turn one of the Protector Bots into a babysitter for him.

You will have this problem a lot with your tier 1 bots. This is because they have few attacks (even when upgraded). When they run out of ranged attacks (those attacks are recharging), they find the only power they have left is Brawl - so they run up to "backhand" the target. Unless you know of a way to turn off their melee attack, you'll have this problem.

Also, as a MM, your pets take a portion of the damage you receive when they are in "Defensive - Follow" and they are within Supremacy range. Using the GoTo command takes them out of Follow mode, so they won't take the damage. I have found that I have "Advanced Controls" and "Individual Pet Commands" turned on so I can tell the errant bot to come back.

I've been playing a demon/dark MM, and as soon as I got my 2nd demonling, (the ice one), I noticed that he always goes straight into melee, while the fire one stays at range, so maybe it's just a weird quirk of certain T1 minions?