Two-Factor Authentication

Out of curiosity, is there any investigation being done to include some form of 2FA into CoH?  While I doubt Homecoming is a significant target for hackers and whatnot, and influence selling (peddling?) is not really a thing in the game, it still represents a risk...

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Angel of Dust said:

Out of curiosity, is there any investigation being done to include some form of 2FA into CoH?  While I doubt Homecoming is a significant target for hackers and whatnot, and influence selling (peddling?) is not really a thing in the game, it still represents a risk...

FWIW, the Homecoming forums has two-factor authentication.  I have it enabled myself.  It's not a perfect solution, but it does provide some protection as you'll ultimately be able to recover your game account if something happens.

To enable it, go here.  It mentions Google Authenticator, but you can use other authenticator apps.  For Android, I recommend Aegis Authenticator as it is open source.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angel of Dust said:

influence selling (peddling?) is not really a thing in the game

Sadly, it is.  HC is the only server where this happens unfortunately.

Considering some of the other COH servers have Instant 50s and Free Influence by a slash command, it would be pretty hard to sell people anything there.

On HC I have seen a few ads for services in chat but don't really believe too many people are going to pay for things which are pretty easy to get to begin with.

Power Leveling is available at almost any AE at any time, can't really think of anything that's worth paying someone for.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

3 hours ago, Marine X said:

Considering some of the other COH servers have Instant 50s and Free Influence by a slash command, it would be pretty hard to sell people anything there.

On HC I have seen a few ads for services in chat but don't really believe too many people are going to pay for things which are pretty easy to get to begin with.

Power Leveling is available at almost any AE at any time, can't really think of anything that's worth paying someone for.

Yeah, a "gold farming" service on a Free platform would be kinda pointless.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)