Destiny for a tricked out Rad/MA

Tankshock

Any good suggestions?  Usually Destiny is a key power for completing a build, but for this one it doesn't seem to make much difference, and I don't want to overlook something important.  Thinking about Rebirth just to heal teammates.  Barrier could help a little, he's not at 45 or 90.  Maybe Clarion would help teammates more, and +Absorption/Healing would help when things got hot.

Any wisdom insights here?  Thanks!

Depends on your build. My own Rad/MA has 40% defenses to Melee/Ranged/AoE and 85% resistances so that Barrier will make it permanent 45% and 90%. Of course being resistance base it doesn't NEED the last 5% but any situation tough enough to warrant using Barrier will do that.

Even if you don't need Barrier yourself Barrier is usually what keeps the team safe where Vigor heals, but, can't heal a corpse.

1 minute ago, Tankshock said:

How does Barrier make it permanent?  Are the in-game stats wrong?

No, they are not wrong... the T4s (and 1 of the T3s on the core side) will last 2 mins, which is how long the power recharges.  The effects just slowly wane over that 2 mins, but it does last that long - hence being "perma."  Most all Destinies are like this.

And as for what to pick.... it's always depending on what your needs or wants are.  All are good and useful.  It is totally up to you and your preference.  I have toons that have made several and some that have made all of them.

38 minutes ago, Tankshock said:

In game lists defense lasting 10 seconds, resistance 2 minutes. 

There are mistakes with the ingame info sometimes. Open Combat Attributes, view defense and activate Barrier. It will show the buffs you're getting. This screenshot is for T3 Barrier Total Core Invocation.

image.thumb.png.afc3be6ba7d4492eba897ea5bb9408e1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

The effects slow wear off, but one of the sides lasts for 2 minutes whiule the other lasts for a minute a half. The 2 minutes means the minimum effect is permanent since the duration matches the recharge.

In Barrier's case it's a huge amount of defense and resistance but wears off to 5% defense and 5 resistance, hence me building to 40%.

another possibility is Ageless Radial, the idea being to give yourself the Defense Debuff Resistance that you lack in Rad.  With MA, I'm assuming you've built at least some defense, so the DDR can be helpful.

What this team needs is more Defenders