Guide: Peregrine Island Radio Missions aka PI radios

KaizenSoze

Radios missions are an fun way to level in the game. Peregrine Island radio missions are the most commonly used for leveling. Here is a guide for running radio missions in you have never done it.

What are radio missions? Read this page, for more information.

Why Peregrine? It's one of three level 50 zones where radio/paper/repeatable missions are available. It has a two advantages over the other zones, the missions appear in the smallest area of the three and access is easy through Tunnel, SG Base, and Ouroboros.

If you want to run a team you can start at early as level 39, one quirk of radios between 39-41 is that you can get Freakshow missions. Starting at 42 only Council, Circle Of Thrones, Carnival of Shadows, and Malta are available. Malta only appear in a few rare radio missions which are listed in the wiki page.

There is no law requiring you to run your missions at 4x8, just because you are in PI. I would start at 3x8 if you are under level 45 and see how the team does. Running 4x8 with a team of sub 50s can be tedious and difficult as you will get +5 mobs regularly. Starting at level 45 players with incarnate powers and level shifts start working again, which makes missions much easier. As little as two 50+ players can carry a team depending on power sets and player skill.

How to get started:

Zone into PI for the first time, this will add one of the two detective contacts.

pi_detectives.png.c6cc970341576465c808d8dbed674ded.png

McLord is the preferred contact, because he is outside the police station. Neat trick, you can forget the detective, re-zone, and you'll get randomly assigned one of the two.  If you care enough, keeping forgetting Selnum, until you get McLord.

Bring up the police scanner at the top of your active contacts tab.
Police_scanner_01c.png.37bfe22e812aa649a0dc2e19a7f40d74.png

Select one of the three missions offered. Now, you are not required to complete one of those missions before getting a new one. Select one of the three. Click on the scanner again, select the abandon mission option, close the window, open the scanner again for three new missions. This is important if you want to mobs are you find difficult or avoid cave missions.

Why would you want to avoid cave missions? Because cave maps suck, hard to navigate, the textures make people sick, rooms like the layer cake are annoying to clear. Good news, they are relatively easy to avoid.

There are only four cave locations on the main Peregrine Island. Map for reference.

99% missions will appear inside the green marked area.

Red circles are cave entrances. If you get one of these, abandon the missions and try again. You can get several in a row, it's just bad luck keep trying.

Yellow circles are Portal Corp or AE missions entrance. They are rare locations for radios missions and are slightly annoying, abandon if you dislike them.

The orange circle is the bank aka safeguard mission entrance. More on that later.

pi_radio_map.png.9df62df78f3526ae91a3f1c197d41eb8.png

Bank missions aka Safeguard Missions.

Every five completed radio missions, your detective will summon you and offer a bank mission. You can accept or reject the mission. Read the link above for more details. If you complete enough bank missions, the detective will introduce you are other non-radio contacts. There are some very interesting arcs available.

These are the basics of running PI radios. Let me know if you have questions or corrections.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do people choose Peregrine Radio Missions over the other lvl 50 areas?

Is it because Peregrine is small or are there any other reasons?

Do you get different enemies in Peregrine than in the other lvl 50 areas?

I don't think there are radio missions in any other level 50 zones, unless you're looking for the villain side equivalent. I think the radio just returns static if you try. And I do see Grandville paper mission teams sometimes, just less common than PI because it's red side.

Edited by Duckbutler

17 hours ago, KITANYA said:

Is it because Peregrine is small or are there any other reasons?

Do you get different enemies in Peregrine than in the other lvl 50 areas?

As I said in the guide. PI has the smallest area and it’s the primary level 50 for heroes. Most people play blue side.

On 3/18/2024 at 2:47 PM, KITANYA said:

As other have said only Peregrine Island and Grandville have Radio/Newspaper missions at level 50.

However the Rikti War Zone has a repeatable mission contact who gives missions from level 35 to level 50 with Rikti exclusively as opponents and no narrow cave maps.

Also because it is a coop zone you can have all player alignments in your team.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."