Guide for PI radios. Let me know what I got wrong.

30 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

I have wondered how many missions are in the PI radio rotation? 

Unlike say, Dark Astoria, radio mission are auto generated from a templates. So, there are an unlimited amount of missions.

There are a few static missions that get tossed in from time to time. Those are on the wiki page.

I'd like to see you add Paper Missions in Grandville as well.

I'd like to see possible enemy types for each location, and probable map types.  For example, I never select CoT in PI because I just assume they will be in a cave.  What percentage of their missions are actually in buildings?

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

36 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd like to see possible enemy types for each location, and probable map types.  For example, I never select CoT in PI because I just assume they will be in a cave.  What percentage of their missions are actually in buildings?

CoT, Arachnos, and Carnies can all get caves missions.

Council, Malta, and Freakshow only get warehouses, offices, or sewers.

Going from memory, Carnies don't get sewer maps. I wonder how that happens.

Again going from memory, warehouses are always warehouses, manholes could be occasionally offices, offices could be offices or sewers.

When I get a office door with a sewer map. I call that the "Open Office Map".

Pawnshop or non Safeguard bank maps are specific to statically defined mission that are in the wiki.

I like Detective Selnik. It's not that much of a pain to go inside the Station. What is a pain is going across town to get to the Safeguard van.

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I like to do side missions in radio/paper missions, but I've noticed that most other people skip them (possibly because they don't know they exist).

I think they should be flagged better as a thing in-game - like SO many other great aspects of CoX.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I don't' see anything wrong.

However, I would include a discussion about difficulty and clearing speed. A lot of people think that +4 is always the way to go because drops and xp per mobs are highest. That's true per mob, but a team might struggle to clear them fast, and drops per mobs, and mobs per minute multiplied together is how much time efficiency the team will have. 

When I run radios, I try to pick the highest difficulty that the team I have can actually clear at a good speed. And now that Council and Circle have had some reworking, I may also shop around for enemy groups that my team is good with. Finding a sweet spot in enemy group and in difficulty makes a big difference.

8 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I keep the map up, because certain doors will never be cave missions even if it's a spider/circle/clown mission; and if it's one of the door that might be them, I abandon the mission and RNG the list again.

Edited by Andreah