More visible cursors

Currently, the most significant problem that I have in the game is the inability to discover the position of the cursor. I trigger a power like Rain of Fire that requires positional selection, and I have to flail around trying to find the mouse. I am getting low on health and need to pop a green inspiration, but have to wildly search to try and find the pointer. I will admit that my eyes are not what they were 20 years ago, and while the 200% cursor sizing is helpful, 400% or 500% would be better. This seems like a small thing, but it would truly completely transform my Homecoming experience, and I have to think that it wouldn't require TOO much work. Of course, never having played in the code base, I don't know for sure, but I DO know that I am not the only person I have talked to that would like to see something like this.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sunsette said:

Hey, have you checked out the city modder? There are a few mods for higher contrast cursors. 

Yeah, I installed it. Doesn't do anything.

Edit: To be precise, I installed the high-contrast cursor pack. Nothing changed.

Edited by djharr
  • Sad 1

I'm curious as to what would constitute more visible cursors for the author that high contrast cursors fail at. Just to be clear, I am not opposing the OP. Lord knows I've lost track of the cursor in several big fights and then had to quickly scroll the mouse to try and find it again so I can place a location AoE attack like Lightning Rod. It's just that if high contrast cursors don't work for the author, I don't know what could and would like more information from the author if possible. Another possibility that may help is a mouse home function. You hit a button and the cursor immediately goes to the designated corner, probably top left, of the window to facilitate finding it.

1 hour ago, djharr said:

Yeah, I installed it. Doesn't do anything.

Edit: To be precise, I installed the high-contrast cursor pack. Nothing changed.

That's strange.  I use the High Contrast Cursors mod myself, and it works just fine.  It helps me a lot.  Are you using the City Mod Installer tool, or installing manually?

Again, to be clear, I downloaded the City Mod installer. I used it to install the high-contrast cursor pack. It is not that the high-contrast cursor pack failed to solve my problem, it is that the high-contrast cursor pack did nothing, bupkus. No change to the cursors. The install either failed or something else happened. I have no idea whether the cursor pack would help since I never got the chance to test it out.

All right, so I was unable to get the High Contrast Cursors package to work from the mod manager, but the blurb mentioned the original thread. There the original author posted the files loose in the path data/texture_libraries/cursors or something like that. By unpacking the files and placing them in that specific location, I finally got my big cursors. Many thanks to everyone who suggested things. I still have no idea why the mod manager doesn't work for me. My wife installed everything just fine on her computer, but none of the mods seem to take on mine. Weird.

Nevertheless, happy ending, so good.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would be nice if the high contrast cursors could be made part of the game so you can just select them in the game options or go back to the original without having to run the CityMod thing.

• Like 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, djharr said:

All right, so I was unable to get the High Contrast Cursors package to work from the mod manager, but the blurb mentioned the original thread. There the original author posted the files loose in the path data/texture_libraries/cursors or something like that. By unpacking the files and placing them in that specific location, I finally got my big cursors. Many thanks to everyone who suggested things. I still have no idea why the mod manager doesn't work for me. My wife installed everything just fine on her computer, but none of the mods seem to take on mine. Weird.

Nevertheless, happy ending, so good.

When you used the Mod Installer, did you click "Add to Launcher" and then select your launcher?

• Like 2