Slash command to add REQUEST channel

I checked the list of slash commands and don't see anything like this. As a league leader, it would be nice to have something like a "/addchannel request" command, which a player could use to add that to their current chat tab.

My thought was to have something simple I can communicate in chat. If I'm having to describe to them to right click on their tab, select edit, and if request is not already in the left column... you see where I'm going.

Instead I could just communicate "Make sure to /addchannel Request"

And then they ask how to add other channels like Everlasting TFs and so forth, and requests for /addchannel <name> get made followed soon after by /removechannel <name>. Teach them how to edit their tabs. It will take them less time than typing in lots of slash commands to edit their chat tabs and help them in the long run.

I can't really see this working. We have, what, 6 customizable windows that chat channels can appear on? And each window could be further divided into any number of custom tabs. A slash command would need to take parameters for what window and tab to add the channel to, and you'd have no way to ensure that every player gets the channel added to the right window for them. If it only took the one parameter like "/addchannel request", it would probably only get added to whatever chat tab is currently active for the player's client, another thing you'd have no way of predicting. In short, there's no way to idiot-proof this.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

I can't really see this working. We have, what, 6 customizable windows that chat channels can appear on? And each window could be further divided into any number of custom tabs. A slash command would need to take parameters for what window and tab to add the channel to, and you'd have no way to ensure that every player gets the channel added to the right window for them. If it only took the one parameter like "/addchannel request", it would probably only get added to whatever chat tab is currently active for the player's client, another thing you'd have no way of predicting. In short, there's no way to idiot-proof this.

And even in this case, we have 2 active chat windows as default when we make our characters. So which active chat window with its currently active chat tab does the slash command apply to? Better to just have the person be shown how to edit their tabs.