Notoriety Setting not Working

sjj668

I set this to NO solo bosses and in the second mish in "The Buried Past" I run across Arbiter Sands who is an elite boss 2 levels above me. I believe the setting is broken or the quest is ignoring it. Either way a fix is needed.

Edited by sjj668

Arbiter Sands is normally an Archvillain - as such, he is not a Boss, and is not affected by your settings regarding bosses.  He’s affected by your Archvillain settings, which when off makes him an Elite Boss - which is not the same as a Boss, but is rather the tier of enemy between a Boss and an Archvillain.  EB is the lowest rank he will go.

Edit: By the way, we have a separate Bug Reports forum a few down.  That would be a better place to post a bug next time so the Devs can keep them all in one place and see them more easily.

Edited by Honorbridge

Or find some teammates to help. Or grab a whole bunch of inspirations before you fight him. Or both of these.

There are a number of story arcs that include Elite Bosses, usually at the end. The contact usually recommends that you bring teammates, but it is possible to solo them on some characters.

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

7 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Or find some teammates to help. Or grab a whole bunch of inspirations before you fight him. Or both of these.

There are a number of story arcs that include Elite Bosses, usually at the end. The contact usually recommends that you bring teammates, but it is possible to solo them on some characters.

This one didn't have any warning; it was only the second mission. I have no teammates and strangers are problematic. The inspirations ran out when the boss was down to 50%. Some bosses ARE easier than others. This guy has a never-ending fount of drones that appear periodically that makes it difficult to concentrate on the one guy. C'est la guerre.

31 minutes ago, sjj668 said:

This one didn't have any warning; it was only the second mission. I have no teammates and strangers are problematic. The inspirations ran out when the boss was down to 50%. Some bosses ARE easier than others. This guy has a never-ending fount of drones that appear periodically that makes it difficult to concentrate on the one guy. C'est la guerre.

You can also use the Empowerment Stations in you base (Mystic Crucible/Supercollider) to apply a buff to yourself. They use salvage and grant a 1 hour buff. They also go towards the crafting badge is that's something you do.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On missions like that, EBs should spawn as bosses if you have the No Boss and No AV set.   This doesn't always work.

One thing I found recently was he was spawning Four drones of two different types in the Pandora Arcs which is more than what he used to.  So there may be a bit of a bug cropping up.

40 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You can also use the Empowerment Stations in you base (Mystic Crucible/Supercollider) to apply a buff to yourself. They use salvage and grant a 1 hour buff. They also go towards the crafting badge is that's something you do.

I was unaware of that item. I will look into that. Thx!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

Envenomed Daggers also help from the P2W Store.  Toss one when they buff up or their regen negates your damage to help level the playing field.  They're cheap, and soloing players it can make the difference between a long fight where you complete the mission, and yet another hosp. run back to try again.

Edited by GM Tock

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.