Most merits per hour?

47 minutes ago, tidge said:

When a solo MM can finish off any  Giant Monster in 5-minutes or less (with or without using Incarnate powers).

Is this still the case with the GM buffs?

On the multibox stuff, yea, I only multibox with my own missions, sometimes with a couple friends.  With PUGS, never unless asked to.

• Like 1

Sorry if I missed it, but I don't see Yin TF being mentioned.  That's as good as anything else mentioned and gets run very regularly.

Also, running DA repeatables is 1 merit per mission (2 on the first one each day).  If you run those at easy difficulty settings, that's pretty quick.  Dull, but quick.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, tidge said:

There is no need to multi-box MMs through Giant Monster hunts IMO, when a solo MM can finish off any  Giant Monster in 5-minutes or less (with or without using Incarnate powers).

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Is this still the case with the GM buffs?

My full-kit GM-hunting MM can finish off many of the monsters in around 6 minutes (some take less time), without bringing out the Lores. My general experience in the new era is that having a single teammate that can do damage is pretty much the equivalent of having a DPS Lore. Prior to the current pass it was common for me to defeat the GMs in about 2 minutes (i.e. before a cast of Destiny expired).

The biggest effects of the recent GM buffs for that character have been:

1.  Increased resistances (and to a lesser extent, +HP)
  2.  New AoE attacks

(1) Prior to the balancing pass, it was Jurassik's resistances that gave me the most pause (solo), now there are several others more like Jurassik used to be (ehem, Kraken).

(2) Eochai's new Pumpkin Patch has made it my new least favorite. It isn't that hard to defeat, but taking it on solo means that it will get several Pumpkin Patches out which can be problematic for a MM.

(1) + (2) With most GMs surviving longer, it is necessary to pay more attention as a solo player because the nuGMs will fire/use one (or more) of their new tricks. This does slow down solo times. For example: moving out of range of Paladin's pulse.

My solo GM hunting MM is pretty finely tuned for the task, although I consider it to be a bit of an outlier. I've seen other solo (no multibox) players take different approaches and do fine. I think the recipe for GM defeating is a mix of:

1. Debuff the GM
  2. Damage the GM
  3. Survive the GM

A solo MM can do any two of those three things with practically no effort in building or playing the character... so IMO multi-boxing two (or more) MMs where all three are done (some of them multiple times) makes most of the Giant Monsters pretty easy to defeat.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 11:51 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Dr Q when it's the weekly, on a team that each has all the TPs.

On 3/25/2024 at 1:19 PM, RCU7115 said:

Learn to triple box and watch those merits come flowing in.

And when we combine these . . .  when Dr. Q is the weekly, I will occasionally log in my three accounts (my girlfriend might log in 1 or 2 as well), and then I solo it.

It's a multi-hour slog due to the team size, but my 3 accounts will get 732 merits combined.  Even if it took me 4 hours, that's better than 1 merit per minute for each account.

Of course, that TF is only up one week each quarter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I occasionally run a tinpex, ITF, and a yin within an hour. I'd say that's pretty efficient.

That said if you could put together a group of Hami raiders and say knock out a streak of hamikaze runs, you could probably get 4-5 done per hour depending on how many monsters it takes to spawn Hami. The first one gives 80, and subsequent runs with the same toon give 40 (you could always alt to get all 80 on each).