Best AT/Powersets to blaze solo through content is…

I have rub a LOT of solo projects.  It is unfathomable how much time i spent running Brutes through content.  I have tried everything.  Well, not Defenders, Widows, or Khelds.  But you get the gist.  

Now my most recent project I have been badging on. And just wanting to knock out the arcs to get the badge.  I have found some unique powers I had not realized synergized so well. 

The AR/Dev Blaster.  It has standard Blaster powers. Everyone has a different preference for Primary blast sets. 2 things to point out is 1) fully ranged 2) the improved arc on Full Auto allows for the coverage needed. But Devices. Wow.  There are some great utility powers and the fortifications of caltrops and mines.  But the standouts for soloing are Smoke Grenade and Gun Drone. Smoke ‘nade allows you to stealth a glowie without fighting. Every glowie. Gun Drone is attacked before you by everyone.  And it is sturdy. Carrying a pocket Tank and having unbroken stealth?   Sure makes solos easy. 

• Like 3

Lead Hose, my main blaster, is AR/Dev and a reimagining of original live toon.

When soloing, drop caltrops to keep melee enemies away, snipe and then hose down everything else in range of full auto, M30 grenade and flamethrower (this one does need range IOs). Tase or KB (snipe, buchsot, single shot) anything that survives the initial onslaught and gets too close.

On teams, just hang back and blast. There is a risk of aggroing the entire room with full auto or the M30 grenade, but fortunately targeting through the tank still works to keep the aggro off and the combo of field operative and gun drone means drone is more likely to be targetted. A couple of recharges in gun drone also means you can even have two out for short periods of time. 

• Like 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well, not Defenders, Widows, or Khelds.

If you're ever feeling particularly masochistic, solo a widow from 1-24. It is a P A I N.

Defenders on the flipside are like tanky blasters solo. Well, most of them. That damage buff they get is no joke. Think corruptors but harder to kill. You'd love a Dark/Dark Def. Or a Rad/Dark Def. Or a Dark/Sonic Def. Or a....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Smoke ‘nade allows you to stealth a glowie without fighting.

Smoke (Fire Control) and Flash Arrow (Trick Arrow/Tactical Arrow) also allow this. There's also Smoke Bomb, which comes with the Black Ops day job accolade (Arachnos Agent + Thief) and can be recharged by logging off in an Arachnos Base or Vault.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller