What about Atta

Attaboy. Cat. Stone. Whichever.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Atta is underrated. It's a great continuation of the Hollows story and I believe is really the finale of the zone's arcs. It's a shame that most do Frostfire and bugger off.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I only have one minor issue with Atta, and Frostfire as well. 

You get the mission for Atta. Let's say you're level 13. If you're on a team, and you're killing just what's in your way, depending on the size of the team - let's say your set to 0/8. (you're on a full team) 
By the time you get 1/2 way up the map, you're level 14 and change, if not level 15. And by the time you see Atta, you're close to 16, if not there. And Atta is still level 13 or 14. 

And if you boost it to +4/8, because the xp is so much better, you pretty much have the same issue. 

Every now and then, I get an atta map where the mobs in the back of the map are +2 higher than the mobs in front. But it's not always like that. 

• Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 3/28/2024 at 10:06 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Atta is underrated. It's a great continuation of the Hollows story and I believe is really the finale of the zone's arcs. It's a shame that most do Frostfire and bugger off.

I personally only buggered off by accident because I happened to outlevel the second half of the zone, but then I went out of my way to flashback myself through it. Still salty about the contacts ghosting me as if I never met them, but at least the experience itself was fun for the most part.

7 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I only have one minor issue with Atta, and Frostfire as well. 

You get the mission for Atta. Let's say you're level 13. If you're on a team, and you're killing just what's in your way, depending on the size of the team - let's say your set to 0/8. (you're on a full team) 
By the time you get 1/2 way up the map, you're level 14 and change, if not level 15. And by the time you see Atta, you're close to 16, if not there. And Atta is still level 13 or 14. 

And if you boost it to +4/8, because the xp is so much better, you pretty much have the same issue. 

Every now and then, I get an atta map where the mobs in the back of the map are +2 higher than the mobs in front. But it's not always like that. 

Mob scaling in Atta's lair is wack. I ran it on default settings and found that they range from -2 near the entrance to +1 close to the big dead end rooms.

But my personal gripe with the mission is that Atta himself doesn't quite get the fanfare he deserves as the leader of a significant street-level enemy group. He's just an Elite Boss with rather bland dialogue, who doesn't even get an intro cutscene when you trigger his spawn. It's jarring when you consider Frostfire did get one.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:56 PM, JasperStone said:

Joined a PUG Atta last night.

Beautiful run ... that is all 🙂

There's something about Atta they don't know...

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!