Need ideas for insect-like costume

Gungadin

Howdy. I've got a hankering to play a Man-Bug mutant type character, but the options ingame for making insectoid characters appears to be somewhat lacking to me.

What I wanna make is a bug-looking character, but ideally without the very long silly feelers that are one of the headgear options. Insect-like body armour would also be a plus, as I intend to go bio armour with him. I've tried to put some mandibles on him, but nothing seems to really fit the look either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well I'm not in-game now so I can't tell you the names of the pieces, but I remember players used to use the Full Helmet option with a Detail 2 that looked like large goggles to make compound eyes.

Edit: I checked and it turns out there's an actual Compound Eyes option in there. Whoopsy.

Check out the "Chitin" armor skin. It's pretty buggy to me.

One of my characters from before the shutdown, Yaderniy Ogon, used the chitin set colored to look like chitin plates and exposed muscle. When I found that CoH accepted Unicode, I made her a chat bind that said, in Russian, "This isn't a costume; this is my body. A 'gift' of 'glorious Soviet technology'." She had some issues.

Thanks for the input, guys. I messed around with it a bit - turns out the Circle of Thorns costume pieces can look pretty insect-y if you colour them a bit dark.

This was what I ended up with. Think that it turned out quite well, although I may put a hood with antennas on him instead.

11bhnvq.png