Wormhole or fold space into trip mines?

ryokoryu

so, for soloing I have an idea that I am not quite to yet.  Setting up about a half-dozen tripmines then fold space or wormhole the lot of enemies into them.  Is it worth the setup time A and how much recharge do I need to make it viable B

3 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

Is it worth the setup time

Define worth, but you need to be left alone for a considerable amount of time because a tripmine's base cast time is over 4s, most of which is interruptible, plus fold space has a finite range and you can only teleport +3 Lt's (need an ultimate to teleport +3 bosses). So you're looking at significant setup to blow up probably not all that many weak enemies. If it's speed you care about, it may be faster to just mine the critters' toes, or my preference, proccing poison trap and using that as an attack instead because it's uninterruptible.

how much recharge do I need to make it viable

Honestly, not really a lot. Tripmine only has a base rech of 20s - it's not a super long recharging power. The real issues are likely to be the ones I mention above: the long cast time, interruptibility, and fold space's relatively short range and limited teleport magnitude.

It’s fun when soloing but impractical on any team. I would slot a Force Feedback proc in your Trip Mine to give it a boost. Also note you only need 4 maybe 3 mines to obliterate a mob in my experience.

On 3/30/2024 at 7:59 AM, Zect said:

tripmine's base cast time is over 4s, most of which is interruptible,

Assuming i'm correct and we're on the Dominator forums, the Trip Mines in Arsenal Assault don't have an interrupt time and set in about 1 second, they're based on the Blaster version from Devices but had the Lethal damage removed so it's just Fire damage.  The tradeoff is that they are considerably weaker than the Traps or Devices Trip Mines.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Assuming i'm correct and we're on the Dominator forums, the Trip Mines in Arsenal Assault don't have an interrupt time and set in about 1 second, they're based on the Blaster version from Devices but had the Lethal damage removed so it's just Fire damage.  The tradeoff is that they are considerably weaker than the Traps or Devices Trip Mines.

Good correction. When I think tripmines I still immediately think of the buffdebuff set, traps, so I don't really see what forum I am in. The good news is OP's mining situation may be better than I made it out to be. Unfortunately, this means I actually need to try one of these newfangled, minelaying doms.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 12:49 PM, ryokoryu said:

so, for soloing I have an idea that I am not quite to yet.  Setting up about a half-dozen tripmines then fold space or wormhole the lot of enemies into them.  Is it worth the setup time A and how much recharge do I need to make it viable B

Both! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

I have an Energy Blast/Traps Corruptor that utilizes Fold Space. With my final slotting I find that two Trip Mines are enough. My sequence is TM1, Poison Trap, Caltrops, thenTM2. Aim, PowerBoost(if it's up, if not, no biggie) Fold Space.

Any slivers of health are cleaned up with energy blasts. They are all choking anyway from the poison trap.

This corruptor rarely teams, but I would never attempt this on a team.  I just Fold Space when a group is spread out. Usually near the melee team mates.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty