Using Starlink Problem Creating An Account?

cinkidd

I have a friend who is trying to create an account and keeps getting the "You did not pass the security check.  Please try again." message. He lives in a remote area and uses Starlink, which has a built-in VPN passthrough feature. Is this what is causing his issues? Yes, he has changed display names, double-checked his passwords, and put City of Heroes as the answer to the "What game is this website for?" question.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Also, he did not "check" the "Send me news and updates."

Thanks, 

Rich the Remote Guy

• Game Master

Turn the VPN feature off and any ad blocker. There is a security question and a captcha. Sometimes the captcha doesn't show up with those on. It also might take a few goes with the refresh button.

We have no issue with VPN's or adblockers generally. Use them as you wish. They just sometimes interfere with the security settings of the forum software.

I usually don't have any problem signing in with a VPN enabled, but I did get zapped a while back while trying to create a new account with my VPN enabled.

(At the time, I wanted to experiment with having different characters on different accounts, but I've since moved in another direction.)

As a VPN user, my suggestion is to use public internet of some kind of some kind, like a fast food or coffee shop, to create the account.

12 hours ago, mechahamham said:

As a VPN user, my suggestion is to use public internet of some kind of some kind, like a fast food or coffee shop, to create the account.

That sounds like a bit of a security risk TBH

• Banjo 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Game Master

It can be created on a smartphone first using Cellular Data if they like as well.  The forum and game account doesn't need to be made on the computer that is actually playing the game.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.