Converting Attuned Enhancements Not Always Working

Troo

It seems that categories with two sets that only overlap one level may not convert between sets when attuned.

Regular crafted enhancements in the same categories don't seem to have this issue.

I have seen this with two categories while on a level 50.

• Accurate To-Hit Debuff
    • Could not convert attuned Siphon Insight to Cloud Senses
      • Siphon Insight (lvl 30-50)
      • Cloud Senses (lvl 10-30)
  • Accurate Defense Debuff
    • Could not convert attuned Analyze Weakness to Shield Breaker
      • Analyze Weakness (lvl 30-50)
      • Shield Breaker (lvl 10-30)
  • Was able to convert a level 30 crafted enhancement (un-attuned).
    • "Analyze Weakness: Accuracy/Recharge successfully converted to Shield Breaker: Chance for Lethal Damage."

This likely cost 15-20M to figure out. (I am a slow learner maybe?)

Guessing this may also be the same for categories:

• Recharge Intensive Pets
  • Accurate Healing

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I think I recall hearing this has to do with enhancement availability at certain levels.  I think Attuned enhancements convert at their lowest available levels to prevent the possibility of "upgrading" to a set that's not available until later.  There's at least one Ranged AoE set that has this issue as well from what I remember.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I have been told in the past that every IO that exists as both a leveled IO or an attuned one (so Siphon Insight, but not ATOs) has a level attached to it, even if it is attuned.  I think the level resets randomly within the allowable range when it is converted.  You can test this if you are sufficiently bored:  Take a level 10 Kismet, attune it, then convert it by Defense until you get a LotG (lvl 25+).

Who run Bartertown?

I've noticed similar behavior as well with attuned enhancements. The conclusion that I came to was that the attuned enhancement is at my CHARACTER level for determining what it could convert into. This may not be correct, but it seemed that I could never get a set that capped out lower than my character level to come up when converting attuned enhancements.

If not attuned, then the enhacement is "fixed" at the level of the enhancement for what it could convert into.

-H