What is this?

What is this?  I've seen this tall, orange-gold, alien look twice now in 24 hours on different characters.  I didn't check to see if it was the same global.  I'm assuming it is some special reward, but I don't recall seeing it before, and might have only casually glanced at it except for the visually arresting height of the character.  When I first saw it, I thought it was a throwback to the OG game days where massive visual distortions of characters were showing up in Atlas Park.

image.png.b35c7f4fe3fe35644e8ee3258d8bd007.png

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I say we take off and nuke it from orbit

It's the only way to be sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• Game Master
5 hours ago, biostem said:

Yeah it's a weird looking enemy, for sure:

100px-Rularuu_Wisp_Overlord_01.jpg

I love the Shadow Shards and the enemies. It's terribly underused though. I've taken new players on Kora fruit runs a few times and it always blows their minds

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I love the Shadow Shards and the enemies. It's terribly underused though. I've taken new players on Kora fruit runs a few times and it always blows their minds

It's been years since I did anything significant in the Shadow Shards, and therefore had completely forgotten about the aliens.  I remembered the eyeballs, the phantom Nemmies, and some of the winged, uh, thingies, but not these.  Ironically, after posting the OP, I opted to go on one of the Shard TFs for the first time in ages, and saw a bunch of these things.

20 hours ago, ZemX said:

Hologram costume of a Rulaaru Wisp?

19 hours ago, lemming said:

Yep. Costume: Rularuu Wisp Overlord

Is that earned at Halloween trick-or-treating or in some other way?