20th Anniversary Q&A - Question Submission Thread

Arcanum

My question is for everyone/anyone:  Was there a particular art/comic style you were looking to emulate/pay homage to, when coming up with the look & feel for City of Heroes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Struck here, I currently reside in one of the few remaining buildings in the Rikti War Zone and was wondering what was the intended purpose of Kalisti Wharf? Its set up like a PVP or CO-OP zone. What was the original plan and are there any future plans to populate it with critters or imbue it with a purpose other than a staging ground? 

screenshot_2009-02-06-10-10-53.jpg

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

Posted (edited)

To the writers in the Original City of Heroes Team;

Whenever someone puts the words "spider" and "hero" together, almost instantly everyone will think of *that* superhero. Was it the intention of the writers to turn that concept on it's head or take a jab at the superhero by creating villain group Arachnos?

(No disrespect meant 😀)

Edited by Palehood
  • Like 2
  • Microphone 1

As many others have already said; thank all of you for all your hard work in creating a game that, as you can see, was and still is very special to a great many people.

City of Heroes was a game I continually came back to, was a comfort in turbulent times, and allowed a creative outlet through character/base design, and backstories, that no other platform has truly ever replicated. When it was shuttered I never forgave NCSoft, and I have boycotted all their products to this very day.

From the bottom of our hearts;

Thank you all so very much.

My questions:

Did any of you come create a character and play alongside us here in CoH:Homecoming when you found out about it?

Are there any easter eggs you think nobody has found yet? Hints if so?

Were Bases ever going to return to the spotlight and be given a polish or added interactive features again?

What is your favorite archetype and why is it Necromancy? 😉

• Like 4
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

What are your thoughts on on CoH closing like literally right before the big superhero boom with mainstream audiences? Do you think CoH could have capitalized on that audience and craze at the time if it was still up? Does it make CoH closing even more of a misfire in hindsight seeing as how Superhero stuff became even MORE profitable afterwards?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Will there ever be a light based powerset, like for Blasters or Controllers? I ask because trying to use Energy or Radiation powers as pure light seems kind of lame IMO 😄

Edited by Guardian Rhykon
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:35 PM, FutureTails21 said:

To Castle, Black Scorpion, Synapse, or anyone on the original the Original City of Heroes Team:

What were the plans for the rest of the Incarnate powers? (Genesis, Mind, Vitae and Omega)

And to everyone else: are there any plans to help development with the Homecoming team?

These were exactly what I was going to ask as well!

Ah well...

An additional question then!
(and spoiler tag so I don't ruin lore for people who haven't played the arcs I'm referring to):

Spoiler

Is it was true Sirocco and Manticore were going to swap sides (hero <--> villain) as part of the whole Battalion (aka. Coming Storm) and Lady Grey arc stuff?

• Like 4

• City Council

Submissions are now closed for the 20th Anniversary Q&A, thank you so much for submitting all of your awesome questions! We'll post back later this month with the team's responses.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!