Help with Stormtrooper concept -- Beam Rifle / Invuln

OddPiranha

I am terrible with builds and I am looking for some assistance.  As mentioned in the title, this is a concept build for a Stormtrooper.

image.thumb.png.9555542236fc145ecfc75260067b0e87.png

image.png.871084f3920dcf9df15b3e3041b8eba4.png

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

There's a fair bit to critique here: 

*Slotting Overcharge and Refractor Beam for defense debuff instead of damage is going to hurt your damage output, badly. They need damage sets. 

*If you only picked Psionic Mastery to get Link Minds, you can drop Dominate or Psychic Shockwave from the build to make space for other powers (they aren't going to do much with just a normal accuracy IO slotted). However, I feel like that are much easier ways to get extra defense for you and your team (pool power Maneuvers) that doesn't require taking two prerequisite powers if you don't intend to use them. 

*You should really pick up Aim from Beam Rifle, unless you really want to go with the meme of Stormtroopers not being able to aim. 😛

*Invincible should be slotted for defense, not to-hit buffs

*Stamina and Health should be slotted with at minimum a Shifter proc and Panacea proc respectively

*The various armor powers really don't need to be 6-slotted, it's not giving you much or any extra armor

*Lack of global recharge buffs from both set bonuses and Hasten

*Super Jump can be slotted with the Winter's Gift 20% slow resist piece

I'll whip up a tweaked build in a little while but I'll get this post out now. My build will focus more on the survival side rather than piling on damage procs like most veterans do, they can post their own builds for that. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

9 minutes ago, FupDup said:

There's a fair bit to critique here: 

*Slotting Overcharge and Refractor Beam for defense debuff instead of damage is going to hurt your damage output, badly. They need damage sets. 

*If you only picked Psionic Mastery to get Link Minds, you can drop Dominate or Psychic Shockwave from the build to make space for other powers (they aren't going to do much with just a normal accuracy IO slotted). However, I feel like that are much easier ways to get extra defense for you and your team (pool power Maneuvers) that doesn't require taking two prerequisite powers if you don't intend to use them. 

*You should really pick up Aim from Beam Rifle, unless you really want to go with the meme of Stormtroopers not being able to aim. 😛

*Invincible should be slotted for defense, not to-hit buffs

*Stamina and Health should be slotted with at minimum a Shifter proc and Panacea proc respectively

*The various armor powers really don't need to be 6-slotted, it's not giving you much or any extra armor

*Lack of global recharge buffs from both set bonuses and Hasten

*Super Jump can be slotted with the Winter's Gift 20% slow resist piece

I'll whip up a tweaked build in a little while but I'll get this post out now. My build will focus more on the survival side rather than piling on damage procs like most veterans do, they can post their own builds for that. 

Thanks for the informed input!   I only really use other builds found on the forums (as if it wasn't obvious).  I really look forward to your build post on this.   

And here is my defensive-focused stab at it. 

One thing that I should explain is that there are a few instances of "frankenslotted" powers where I was trying to avoid certain set bonuses like max HP. On most armors max HP is very very good to have and you should pursue it, but on Invuln specifically your max HP is already over the cap by default so it's a wasted bonus here. I also tried to avoid repeating the same bonus more than 5 times because anything over 5 will not count any more (ran into this with the 10% regen and 1.5% smash/lethal resist bonuses). 

The exact order of unlocking powers can also be debated (i.e. many people like to pick up Hasten much earlier), I just threw them together in order of unlocking mostly. 

OddPiranha Stormtrooper - Sentinel (Beam Rifle - Invulnerability).mbd

I made this  Just took the Hyperstrike Invul  template, slathered on sets with best defense bonuses to put a roof on the house.  The T1 attack is left wanting slots, but... its the T1 attack.  i wish I had 2 slots for Dull pain.  It was a quick stab lol.  

oh, and you will obviously want to fix the power pick order.  

Sentinel Beam Invul.mbd

Edited by Snarky

2 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Mando would be DP/Invuln, armed with some of those new scifi looking pistol models. 

I am a sucker for "perfect"  The Mandos used a lot of energy weapons.  Vader even pointedly told one "No Disintegrations"....  I am thinking Beam....

5 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am a sucker for "perfect"  The Mandos used a lot of energy weapons.  Vader even pointedly told one "No Disintegrations"....  I am thinking Beam....

image.jpeg.897b0abf369642c734d9a64679b3e960.jpeg

Unfortunately we don't have alternate FX for DP that gives it energy rounds, and BR's two-handed rifle doesn't quite hit the same feel/look as Mr. Jango above. I guess we could say that you're using slug throwers (a real thing in Star Wars) to hunt Jedi (because bullets can't be deflected by Lightsabers). 

Edited by FupDup
  • Thumbs Up 1