The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Creating an NPC Ally with Resurrect?

Some of my characters are squishy and I thought it would be nice to have an NPC ally with resurrect. However, it doesn't look like the NPC empathy pool has resurrect in it. Is there any way to add this capability to an Ally?

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I know you can give them a power to rezz themselves, my arc The Catacombs of Mars has a foe (just one!) that can rezz after being defeated.  But I can't recall which set it came from.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

23 hours ago, Idiotfool said:

Some of my characters are squishy and I thought it would be nice to have an NPC ally with resurrect. However, it doesn't look like the NPC empathy pool has resurrect in it. Is there any way to add this capability to an Ally?

Thanks!

Ok, here's the thing, If you're looking for an Ally that can rez YOU/a player then that's not possible. The Ally attaches to a single player and follows them (when they're not battling enemies if Aggressive/Fights Defensive or maybe healing if otherwise) but once that particular player dies then the Ally goes inert and needs to reattach, either to you when you come back in or to another player character. Either way, they won't use rez on a player, alas. As far as the Ally is concerned you are not dead, you're simply not there. 

Now, giving the Ally their own Rez without having to give them an entire Powerset you don't want to give them? That's easy.

Ok, here's how easy that is.  You'll need Notepad+, though possibly ordinary Notepad might work.
Create a character you want.
Now head to https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=mission_maker_attacks or https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=mission_maker_secondary

And start picking extra powers to give the critter. Only powers from those categories are allowed, everything else you enter will be discarded. Then, open your critter in Notepad (or the text editor of your choosing) and paste the powers' internal name into the critter with "Power" in front of them, then save the file.
Only 25 lines of powers can be added, and as per usual AI, half the time they won't use them. And you can't give them two sets of the same power, or two powers that replicate the same effect, because the second one will be ignored.

So you open the file with Notepad or Notepad+, and you add in stuff in there, Attacks first then Secondary, in that exact fashion. The file should be found in Games>Homecoming>Architect>Critters.  Roughly.  Depending on where you've stored your files.

6FK6GNf.png.df62dba5414d2c1b25d43a35068a0052.png

SAVE THE FILE 
And then it should be fine.
When you look at the file in AE it should now look like this.

yKzfUgN.png.a71b5f87e1064f4404064db249d330ed.png

Adding a rez in for an ally would need perhaps this line:

Power Mission_Maker_Secondary.Regeneration.Revive

Or if you want to surprise the enemy NPCs then this might help 🙂

Power Mission_Maker_Secondary.Dark_Armor.Soul_Transfer 

Hope that helps.

NOTE: It is tempting to create crazy enemy NPCs using this, and you can.  However these NPCs give NO XP at all.  So this is perfect to buff up an ally a bit, with a rez as mentioned.  But if you DO want to create a really strange enemy then seed them into a regular set of NPCs, whether your own or COH ones as at least that will provide XP for the group as a whole. 

Edited by Darmian
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I have not made use of this at all. Gonna have to, at some point, just for the flip of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

@Clave Dark 5 maybe reread your earlier post and...edit it?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Bit late now eh?  😃

I meant the one directly after my long post, LOL.

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Rereading this thread, I can see that this was the second time today that I missed something because I was reading and posting right after I woke up, I better stop that!

I'm pretty sure that creating an ally to rezz YOU (in Soviet Russia maybe?) would be frowned upon as it would be easily abused to abet even more farming, AFK or otherwise, anyway.  I'm sure that's why no rezz powers turn up in their power sets.

There we go.  All better.

• Like 1