Screen Real Estate

I'm constantly amazed by how much screen space it taken up by UI elements in CoH. 

I wonder if something could be done like this, possibly the most egregious example on the left... something like I've mocked up on the right, please?

I realise I've added an extra line by accident, please ignore that.

image.png.1ea29b0b5d12eb4a4aea401857e711f4.png

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

That's a bit confusing to read... can you include a space above and below "Seedlings generate toxic clouds near the Seed:" so I'm not looking for its health bar too? Would be helpful to retain that for players like me..

Heck, I'd like to be able to make the window smaller than that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, Rudra said:

That's a bit confusing to read... can you include a space above and below "Seedlings generate toxic clouds near the Seed:" so I'm not looking for its health bar too? Would be helpful to retain that for players like me..

I agree, but I think that takes us into a different discussion about highlighting more relevant text.

13 hours ago, biostem said:

I mean, you can adjust the UI scale.  Also, do those windows *not* give you the resize option if you move your cursor to one of the corners? 

I appreciate the UI scaling option, I am grateful for it, but I don't use it because my eyesight ... so I'd like to keep the text scale but change the size of the wasted space.

Perhaps I'm asking for text-only to be scalable, so then I can shrink down the boxes but keep the text size the same?

I note with interest that we can change "Chat Font" and "Name Size" already.

• Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.