Better in the long run, +12% psi res or +50% regen?

Posted (edited)

I'm tweaking a Rad Armor/SS build, not that it matters. This is really the final decision, what to do with a couple of enhancement slots.

Also, you think I'm getting more +Global Recharge out of two LotG or two FF procs in relatively fast-recharging AoE attacks (Foot Stomp & Cross Punch)?

Tanker (Radiation Armor - Super Strength) - L50-2.mbd

Edited by Story Archer

Posted (edited)

50% regen is about 5 hps on an endgame rad. (Every 100% regen is 2.5k hp, the approx amount of maxhp an accoladed rad tank, has, over 240s)

You have 45 psi res with 1 stack of +res proc, so your 12% psi res brings that to 57.

Most psi enemies do not have good dps, even ones that are fluffed as psychics. Look at this IDF Seer boss for example which has 2 mezzes, a T2 blast and an aoe. (Meanwhile the IDF commander is busy using total focus on hapless blasters.) Just based on that, I would suggest the regen. However, I have something you can try. I see this week's wst is LRSF. Go do it because penny yin actually is one of the few enemies that do good psi damage, especially when posi is debuffing you with his autohit toggles, and see how you feel about the incoming damage. Then you could decide whether you want your 12% psi res or if you would rather have a specialized 2nd build (edit: or maybe just some orange insps) for such situations.

Edited by Zect
  • Like 2

Zect said it.

In the end neither is terribly important. There are not a lot of psi enemies and 12% resistance against psi will do nothing against the others. On the other hand 50% regen is nothing as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

+recharge or more +recovery are always nice rather than more +regen.

Rage in my opinion is over slotted. The defense in the build is not enough to need it really and those slots could serve better elsewhere.

Put a Scirocco's Acc/Dam in footstomp rather than the +acc. SS has Rage for +to hit.

Just some thoughts for you to consider.

Posted (edited)

Given the choice, I'd pick the psi resist. You have a reasonable base in Rad/ so it has a meaningful impact against Psi heavy groups, while the regen will be barely noticeable.

You'd probably get more mileage out of the FFback procs here, though I generally try to maximize both. With cross punch in its current slotting, I'd probably prefer a Fury of Glad proc instead. 

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 1

- Keep the Forced Feedback slots

- Remove 2 slots from Alpha Barrier, keep the 5% Max HP one though

- Place a Reactive Armor Scaling Resist unique into Weave or Combat Jumping

- Place a Luck of the Gambler global recharge in Weave

- Swap Power Transfer Heal Proc for Performance Shifter endurance Proc. You have a ton of sustain already with Radiation Therapy and Particle Shielding

You could get as much as +35% psi resist. 5x impervium procs and 1x aegis. You really don't need to 6 slot rage, you're not getting much out of the defense especially since you don't have DDR and rage crash will neuter it further. I have a rad/ss tank focused fully on resists and he does fine tanking the hardest content with no issues. You could replace one of the recharge slots in meltdown for an impervium psi resist proc. Move some of the slots from rage to add more impervium procs and aegis and you can really boost that psi resist to near 80% while keeping the others capped. Another option for the accuracy replacement in stomp is the Nucleolus Exposure HO, offers a 33% acc/dam buff which is slightly better than any acc/dam IO from a set, but it will cost more to get it. Alternatively, give the superior avalanche acc/dam (33.1%) to stomp and put the acc/dam/rech replacement in cross punch.