Embalmed Vahzilok rarely exploding x2-3 weeks

Posted (edited)

Contacted support and was redirected here.  As per subject title, no boom x2-3 weeks.

Not attacking. No auras. No AoE. No Dot. I play mostly on Tankers and Scrappers, but happens on all characters.  I can stay still for about 2 minutes without attacking before getting bored.  No explosion.  On some characters I can't test the Embalmed Abominations for more than 30-45 seconds (they hit for too much damage between attempts) but its fully tested on all types for the Cadavers.

Slightly inconsistent=  Once every... 20-30 Vahzilok... they'll blow up, again, with me not attacking.

Not a huge deal for me if this isn't fixed.  Obviously... no boom helps the players... but I'm trying to be fair here.

Question for the boards = Is Tanker aggro (or similar) enough to stop them from exploding despite NOT attacking them (in your experience)?

EDIT = I tried searching.  If there's a topic like this, I missed it.  Sorry.

Edited by Fiery Redeemer 2

Do you have an aura that is disrupting them? That's something I do to Vahzilok Embalmed and CoT mages. I let my aura keep them from going boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to say it's the taunt or something.

Just took an Illusion controller into boomtown. High enough so they don't just aggro on me, large enough groups to easily find a bunch of them to confuse.

So far, it's been a 100% explosion rate. Sometimes delayed as the Embalmed decides what to do, sometimes hitting or puking on something first.  But every single one has eventually "armed" and exploded. (Edit: Making sure I try both Embalmed Cadavers and Embalmed Abominations.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

Posted (edited)

Tankers have an innate taunt aura that will interrupt the cadavers. You can observe them doing the crouching pose repeatedly and then getting interrupted. If they start and you back off before the next taunt aura ticks, you'll witness the explosion. Look closely at their heads for the 'taunt spike' animations that your innate taunt aura does.

IMO, they should be changed to be uninterruptable outside of say hard-CC.

You can also observe this behavior with Circle of Thorns mages. If you get them low enough HP they will attempt to self-explode and can also be interrupted.

Edited by Nayeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taunt and pretty much any aura that has any sort of effect on enemies will interrupt these things.   Communication Officers, Skyraider Engineers, CoT & Cadavers exploding, etc...

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you all.  Yes, with toggles off, the Tanker still prevents explosions (unless I do it like Nayeh said, extra thanks for that). For the other archetypes, with all toggles off (I'd already tested with all damaging toggles off), they do explode but they do the constipated crouch thing 4+ times before blowing up instead of 2+ but that's likely observer error.

I'm sorry for the bad report.  MODS = You may delete this thread.  It was user error.  Apologies.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Edited by Fiery Redeemer 2
  • Like 1