Fortunata - Concept Build and some old builds

Posted (edited)

This is a concept build, so I made some choices that may not entirely make sense. 

It's a Ranged Fort build, although I typically recommend Melee Fort Builds instead.

Considerable Debate vs Fate Seal, Vengeance, or Aim.  As well as some debate about exactly how to use a few of the last slots.

• Aim, as is, is perfect for Aim/Nuke 100% chance.  Slotting aim more could shave 10 seconds off and let it be used in other ways.
  • Vengeance would be great for running this in 801s, and for further buffing regular teams.
  • Fate Sealed is really probably not needed, but might also be just enough extra control to control a few of those targets than can currently slip out of your hands.
  • For a ranged build you really probably want to add Scream too.  Otherwise it's clunky till you get recharge up toward late build.  I filled that slot with Envenomed Daggers Instead.

Fortunata - Mind Hunter 1c+ - [i28].mbd

I'll also include some older builds that may require updating if you wanted to look at them or use them.

Fortunata - Isabella - Rev 8j (Psi-Tank) - [i25].mbd

Fortunata - Celine - Rev 8j - [i25].mxd

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Posted (edited)

Doesnt your friend Voltak have a commonly discussed build for a strong, range focused fortunata?  How would that compare/be contrastingly different from your concept considerations?

Edited by Sanguinesun

Posted (edited)

I don't see his actual build anywhere, although he has some videos of using it.  I don't remember them, and didn't rewatch them.   The build might be in the videos.

I'd be fairly certain his build would be a melee fort, you have significantly higher damage in melee than a ranged fort.  As it turns out, he did go Ranged Fort, Probably for better proc potential?  He probably has lower defenses in exchange for more offense, procs, and recharge.  He'd likely have less resistances as well, and go with passive resists instead, and then put any of those resources into offense, procs, and recharge as well.

Regardless, there are lots of alternatives, and almost any of those will have more offense.

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

18 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

Doesnt your friend Voltak have a commonly discussed build for a strong, range focused fortunata?  How would that compare/be contrastingly different from your concept considerations?

Is it this one?

On 5/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, Linea said:

This is a concept build, so I made some choices that may not entirely make sense. 

It's a Ranged Fort build, although I typically recommend Melee Fort Builds instead.

Considerable Debate vs Fate Seal, Vengeance, or Aim.  As well as some debate about exactly how to use a few of the last slots.

• Aim, as is, is perfect for Aim/Nuke 100% chance.  Slotting aim more could shave 10 seconds off and let it be used in other ways.
  • Vengeance would be great for running this in 801s, and for further buffing regular teams.
  • Fate Sealed is really probably not needed, but might also be just enough extra control to control a few of those targets than can currently slip out of your hands.
  • For a ranged build you really probably want to add Scream too.  Otherwise it's clunky till you get recharge up toward late build.  I filled that slot with Envenomed Daggers Instead.

Fortunata - Mind Hunter 1c+ - [i28].mbd 56.02 kB · 17 downloads

5.35 kB · 10 downloads

For your build, I see Mind Link is using the Rech/ToHit/Defense Hami's, however I believe those are not able to be slotted as Mind Link doesn't accept Recharge enhancements. You can reduce the recharge using Defense or ToHit Set IOs, however.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bopper said:

For your build, I see Mind Link is using the Rech/ToHit/Defense Hami's, however I believe those are not able to be slotted as Mind Link doesn't accept Recharge enhancements. You can reduce the recharge using Defense or ToHit Set IOs, however.

Just checked in-game.  It currently has 3 Membranes and a Defense/Recharge in it.

Edited by Linea

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Linea said:

I don't see his actual build anywhere, although he has some videos of using it.  I don't remember them, and didn't rewatch them.   The build might be in the videos.

I'd be fairly certain his build would be a melee fort, you have significantly higher damage in melee than a ranged fort.  As it turns out, he did go Ranged Fort, Probably for better proc potential?  He probably has lower defenses in exchange for more offense, procs, and recharge.  He'd likely have less resistances as well, and go with passive resists instead, and then put any of those resources into offense, procs, and recharge as well.

Regardless, there are lots of alternatives, and almost any of those will have more offense.

Nope as you can see from his build cited by Bopper, outside of psychic wail(pbaoe) its all ranged.  It has perm mindlink and vengence as well with both up they're over 100% on melee and ranged positionals and 97% on aoe. Even if both werent up, its 72 melee, 69 range and 52 aoe.  Damage wise they're also decently strong with a 3 single target attack chain they can constantly run and every 40 sec that pbaoe.

And that's without having selected anything but their alpha incarnate either(cardiac either).

Comparing your Mind Hunter 1c build:

1. You took twice as many attacks as he did. But because he's limiting to 3 attacks and took both the fort's assault and leaderships assault, they've 30% more damage to his build as well.  That's why his 3 attacks in his chain do 3 times as much damage meaning he's doing more damage for the same time spent.

2. You went more into resistances.  He always builds his challenge builds first prioritizing defense.  I think he could explain why more if you asked him his builds justifications but he's vids pretty much speak for themselves as to why.

3. You also took aura of confusion(which is really more or less melee) vs his focus to single target range confusion.   Contagious proc also btw tends to work more effectively in single target use to spread than in aura ones but I suspect again he focused on ranged confuse for helping wittle down groups.

4.  Both of your builds are older ones and do not include fate sealed which I would be curious as to voltaks take on it given its guarantee for secondary effects from powers and mez protection. Obviously because the older build worked well, it could be still skipable but with mob changes that occurred just a while back it may have more merit to consider.  His build would be tighter to add it in than yours currently though but I could see at least 1power he could consider switching it out for if he felt it was needed that would not change the stats on the build really.

Edited by Sanguinesun

19 hours ago, Bopper said:

13 hours ago, Linea said:

Just checked in-game.  It currently has 3 Membranes and a Defense/Recharge in it.

HO Membranes (+ToHit / +Defense / Recharge) CAN be slotted in Mind Link, but the Recharge portion of  the Membrane Exposure isn't doing anything for the Recharge part of the power. The HO Membranes are only boosting +Defense and +ToHit.

I recommend looking at Adjusted Targeting 50+5 Recharge as well as Boosted Defense/Recharge or ToHit/recharge pieces if you want to franken-slot. I've gotten into the habit of just dropping 6xReactive Defenses in Mind Link.

On 5/24/2024 at 11:28 PM, Sanguinesun said:

Comparing your Mind Hunter 1c build:

1. I would be impressed if he's doing 750 dps except for the short duration when the accolades are up.  I would estimate it closer to 350.  There is also the issue of (optimizing procs means lower recharge), which works against (more recharge means more efficient dps chains).
  2. He tends to ignore resistances because meta teams run barrier chaining.  He also gave up self healing in pretty much all forms.
  3. AoC is backup to and rotates with the Nuke Stun.  Yes, contagious works better in single target, but it also works surprisingly well here, much mores so that I would have expected.  But I was also mostly just going for the set bonus.
  4. I looked into Fate Sealed.  It only "guarantees effects" on a couple of powers.  It's real bonus would be the free global enhancement, but so far I'm not finding that I have any motivation to swap it in.
On 5/25/2024 at 12:01 PM, tidge said:

... but the Recharge portion of  the Membrane Exposure isn't doing anything for the Recharge part of the power...

• I never even noticed that when I swapped them in.  I've swapped them back.