Elec/Fire

Syant

🔌So never been a fan of FA but I want to see why people like it so much. I pair it with Elec melee cause why not. Now for all you FA wizess out there I need your help on this one I want to be able to all content NOT FIRE FARMING ONLY TOON. I would like to able to +4/8 pve stuff too. So let me have it and show them number skills.🔥🔥

Paging @Sovera, FA guru.  Check out their signature, as there are several builds.  I went tank (paired with MA...the Brunker build).  Lots.of damage and nigh unkillable, even as a "squishy" armor.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) Everlasting - MISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I was summoned!

Are you sold on Elec? The ST is lacking which keeps pushing me away, but if you're into that pairing then give it a try.

You'll have 85% to S/L and 62% to E/N. To garnish it you'll have 40% to melee defense as well. If you take Barrier, which I recommend, you'll have the last 5% for defense and S/L resistances. E/N will be the small hole at only 67%.

Open with Build-up, Lightning Rod, Burn, Thunder Strike, Chain Induction, Havoc Punch, Jacob's Ladder, Havoc Punch. After that if there are still more than one enemy up keep the rotation going. Each time Burn is up it can substitute one Havoc Punch.

Chain Induction is a weak link where it's neither a good AoE skill (it's a chain, and they suck in this game) or a good ST skill (because it's an AoE it does poor ST damage) but it animates really fast and it's needed to have a gapless ST rotation.

If you have just one enemy then ThunderStrike, Chain Induction, Havoc Punch, Jacob's Ladder Havoc Punch. Burn isn't a good ST skill, but, if so much as two enemies are in range then use it as mentioned above.

The upside of the build is that in AoE situations we can go ham on the AoE. Lightning Rod is an AoE, Thunderstike is an AoE, Chain Induction is an AoE, Burn is an AoE, Jacob's Ladder is an AoE.

The downside is that most of Elec AoE is mediocre to bad. Thunder Strike is a very weak AoE, Chain Induction is not only weak but because it's a chain there's a chance the chaining will be interrupted. Jacob's Ladder is a cone and they suck. The star is Lightning Rod who will easily clean half a spawn when backed with Build-up while leveling.

The other downside is the single target damage of Elec. Fire Armor will help with Firey Embrace but gone are the days Burn would be a solid help for ST for the sets with weak ST.

If you feel like trying something else than Elec then Claws/Fire Brute was my best all arounder character for a good chunk of my play time with blenderizing in AoE and solid ST (2:30 pylon times which is not something Elec could hope to match).

Fire Melee is also the new hotness but I'd recommend the Tanker version since they have, IMO, the best version of Fire Melee with two PbAoEs.

Brute (Elec Fire).mbd

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Are you sold on Elec? The ST is lacking which keeps pushing me away, but if you're into that pairing then give it a try.

I want to like Elec and yet it continues to disappoint each time I give in and try it. My graveyard of unplayed characters is littered with Elec melee characters.

Posted (edited)

Take Sovera's builds to the bank. 

Sovera helped me build my Rad/Fire and soon my Sav/Fire for the exact same playstyle as you. It's a beast and it melts face. You can try to tweak it...but you'll only make it not as good.

Quick questions though about one slot in Thunder Strike, did ya mean to slot FotG Acc/End/Rec and not -Res? Seems like an expensive one piece slot for no proc.

Edited by WuTang

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I want to like Elec and yet it continues to disappoint each time I give in and try it. My graveyard of unplayed characters is littered with Elec melee characters.

I know, right? It all goes well until I have cleared the group and it's down to beating up the boss.

2 hours ago, WuTang said:

Take Sovera's builds to the bank. 

Sovera helped me build my Rad/Fire and soon my Sav/Fire for the exact same playstyle as you. It's a beast and it melts face. You can try to tweak it...but you'll only make it not as good.

Quick questions though about one slot in Thunder Strike, did ya mean to slot FotG Acc/End/Rec and not -Res? Seems like an expensive one piece slot for no proc.

Yeah. It's expensive but it's the only set that has an acc/end/rech and acc/end/rech is what is lacking.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 1