Suggestion: Obtain Whispered Rumor tip mission year round

In the spirit of the Summer Blockbuster being available all year,  let us look to the Halloween Event for a moment.

This yearly event has the most badges of all the yearly events.

Some of which come from multiple runs of the Whispered Rumor tip mission to obtain the badges from that part of the event.  However if an alt has the Whispered Rumor tip mission after the event is over, it can still be run this giving another alt or player a slight bit of help in starting Halloween badging early or perhaps gaining a Tip mission badge they missed before the event ended.

So the suggestion is this: for the price of 100 pieces of each of the Halloween costume salvage pieces for a total of 400, one can go the vendor in Croatoa or the one that is redside and purchase a Whispered Rumor tip mission.  You can only have one of these tip missions at a time just like during the event.

This way people that missed getting all the Halloween Tip mission badges during the event can catch up, or someone can send a new alt through the tip missions to give them a head start on Halloween Event when it runs again.  Also it would give us something to do with all that Halloween salvage.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Sorry, but I would rather not. I personally like looking forward to the holiday events. As opposed to the SBB which seems abandoned and forgotten these days since it is available year round.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Sorry, but I would rather not. I personally like looking forward to the holiday events. As opposed to the SBB which seems abandoned and forgotten these days since it is available year round.

SBB is abandoned?  I tend to run it weekly and it's part of each "required" run of a char.   And often if there happen to be four of us wondering what to do, that's what we wind up doing.

Whispered Rumor tips.   I'm not sure, but I honestly wouldn't mind if that was available.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lemming said:

SBB is abandoned?  I tend to run it weekly and it's part of each "required" run of a char.   And often if there happen to be four of us wondering what to do, that's what we wind up doing.

Whispered Rumor tips.   I'm not sure, but I honestly wouldn't mind if that was available.

It is in my experience. Regardless of whether I recruit for it or any of my friends recruit for it, 9 times out of 10, we recruit for almost an entire hour and no one ever has any interest in joining. Even when we make sure there are no Mo runs or raids going on. It took me I think almost 2 months of trying to find anyone willing to do it before I finally got the Ninja Monkey badge. And it was only because two of my friends that don't get to play very often both happened to be on at the same time so we had a group of 4 to run it (edit: without having to recruit for it).

Edited by Rudra

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

Are the Valentine event tips like the Halloween tips? I can't remember. I do like having specific times of the year when things are available to look forward to, especially the Halloween event itself - that's my favorite event. 

The Valentine tips stop being doable when the event ends. So if you have any not completed Valentine tips and the event ends, you can't do them until the next event. I don't remember if the Malleus Mundi tips stop working after the event though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Are the Valentine event tips like the Halloween tips? I can't remember. I do like having specific times of the year when things are available to look forward to, especially the Halloween event itself - that's my favorite event. 

Valentine Tips seem to be awarding year round and can be used to obtain the spring badges, I have had alts work the Valentine Tips to obtain the spring badges and alts with left over Whisper Rumor tips run them to obtain one of the badges from it.

The only Spring badges that can't be obtained year round is handsome/beautiful and the badge for doing the revive Red Widow mission. 

If you have alts that unlocked DJ Zero you can run his snaptooth mission a total of 10 times, year round, and still gain the badges from it.  This was the same on live, and completing that mission does give a valentine tip.

Given how many badges are in the Halloween event, I don't see any problem with obtaining Whisper Rumor tips year round via spending Halloween salvage to get them.

Edited by Voltor
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Valentine Tips seem to be awarding year round and can be used to obtain the spring badges, I have had alts work the Valentine Tips to obtain the spring badges and alts with left over Whisper Rumor tips run them to obtain one of the badges from it.

The only Spring badges that can't be obtained year round is handsome/beautiful and the badge for doing the revive Red Widow mission. 

If you have alts that unlocked DJ Zero you can run his snaptooth mission a total of 10 times, year round, and still gain the badges from it.  This was the same on live, and completing that mission does give a valentine tip.

Given how many badges are in the Halloween event, I don't see any problem with obtaining Whisper Rumor tips year round via spending Halloween salvage to get them.

Just logged in and checked. Yes, apparently Valentine tips have been changed to be completable year round. (They used to not. [Edit: And you can check the forums to see that. There was at least one thread complaining that the player had Valentine tips but they were greyed out for doing.]) So despite my preference, I have no leg to stand on to oppose the OP.

Edited by Rudra

25 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The Valentine tips stop being doable when the event ends. So if you have any not completed Valentine tips and the event ends, you can't do them until the next event. I don't remember if the Malleus Mundi tips stop working after the event though.

Valentines and Halloween tips can both be done year round. You can only get them during the events, but you can do the ones you're left with whenever.

Re the topic, I'd like having a way to pick up the tip year round, but I'd rather it were both more organic and rare than buying up a bunch of trash salvage to trade in: we already have a year-round Halloween event element, so just make it an occasional drop from zombie invasion Elite Bosses, tempt people into teaming for zombies more often in the off-season.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

... are you talking about the "deliver valentine to person" tips? I've turned those in at oddball times of year with no problem. Now, the cauldron thing, yeah, that's season specific.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 minutes ago, Greycat said:

... are you talking about the "deliver valentine to person" tips? I've turned those in at oddball times of year with no problem. Now, the cauldron thing, yeah, that's season specific.

Yes, the Valentine tips. Prior to today's check, if I had any Valentine tips left over from the event, and I always did, they could not be done until the event started the following year. This was a discussion held on another thread, on the Bug Reports forum, where someone was posting that the tips were bugged because (s)he/they had tips but could not do them. And once upon a time, you could not do them outside of the event.

Just now, Rudra said:

Yes, the Valentine tips. Prior to today's check, if I had any Valentine tips left over from the event, and I always did, they could not be done until the event started the following year. This was a discussion held on another thread, on the Bug Reports forum, where someone was posting that the tips were bugged because (s)he/they had tips but could not do them. And once upon a time, you could not do them outside of the event.

Back on live there was a redside mission that could be run, I forget the name of it but it was the one where you raided a warehouse containing wedding/anniversary gifts for Manticore and Sister Psyche, at the end of it you got a valentine tip that could be run.   But one could also run DJ Zero on live and now after the event and get V-tip at the end of the mission also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltor said:

Back on live there was a redside mission that could be run, I forget the name of it but it was the one where you raided a warehouse containing wedding/anniversary gifts for Manticore and Sister Psyche, at the end of it you got a valentine tip that could be run.   But one could also run DJ Zero on live and now after the event and get V-tip at the end of the mission also.

Odd. I never got a Valentine tip from doing that mission. And you can still do it through Ouroboros.

Weird. I can't think of a time I couldn't complete them (thus... not bothering to check the bug forum for it 😄 ) I've always seemed to occasionally check tips, see the valentines and complete them in the latter half of the year.

(And yes, I did just double check and deliver one. *shrug*)

Dunno what to say about it not working for some folks.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Weird. I can't think of a time I couldn't complete them (thus... not bothering to check the bug forum for it 😄 ) I've always seemed to occasionally check tips, see the valentines and complete them in the latter half of the year.

(And yes, I did just double check and deliver one. *shrug*)

Dunno what to say about it not working for some folks.

Only time I had an issue with valentine tips was with my praetorian.   If I got a delivery to a non-praetorian, it wouldn't let me do anything including dismissing.