Radio Mission locations

When you get a selection of radio missions to choose from, it would be nice if they could either:

• each tell you the current distance from your current location, or possibly better
  • temporarily show you the location of each on the map.

I suspect this isn't possible, but I'm asking anyway. My guess is that the location of the radio mission isn't created until you select it. But if it were possible it would allow you to choose the next radio mission closest to your location, or in the event of the latter would let you skip cave maps.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

3 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

... or in the event of the latter would let you skip cave maps.

Interesting idea.  One problem...at least, last I knew it was...is that sometimes the team enters a building door and ends up on a cave map.  If, in addition to what you suggest, there could be a "no caves" check up front, then presumably even if the mission is generated after acceptance, the game will alter the map to something not of a spelunking vein.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

It's a radio/paper mission. If you see it is a cave mission and don't want to do it, just abandon the mission and grab another one.

That would be obvious in some case like the isles up north in Talos Island's zone, but less obvious in, say Independence Port or Skyway City where there are some cave doors under the buildings.  A 2D map won't reveal those, only going to them.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it selects the actual door location until after you've selected a mission - all the game knows is the enemy group and the objective(s), with the location being set after you make your selection.  I would rather a "rescan" option to select a fresh set of radio missions if you don't like what's presented...

56 minutes ago, Techwright said:
4 hours ago, Rudra said:

It's a radio/paper mission. If you see it is a cave mission and don't want to do it, just abandon the mission and grab another one.

That would be obvious in some case like the isles up north in Talos Island's zone, but less obvious in, say Independence Port or Skyway City where there are some cave doors under the buildings.  A 2D map won't reveal those, only going to them.

You enter the mission and see it is a cave mission. You don't want to do a cave mission. So you exit the mission and abandon it. When you click the radio/paper to see what missions are there, you find 3 missions that aren't what you just abandoned and select another one to do instead.

Edit: Because just like how you can be sent to a building door and find out you entered a cave somehow, you can be sent to a cave door and find out you entered a warehouse, office, or lab map instead.

Edit again: You can also learn about the different factions. Council? At low levels, odds are it's a cave map. CoT? Odds are it's a cave or Oranbega map. Carnies favor warehouses and offices. Knives and Malta too. Rikti? It is going to be a cave map or a partial cave map. So on and so forth. Though this will not prevent you from getting cave maps, it will reduce the frequency with which you see them.

Edited by Rudra

17 hours ago, biostem said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it selects the actual door location until after you've selected a mission - all the game knows is the enemy group and the objective(s), with the location being set after you make your selection.  I would rather a "rescan" option to select a fresh set of radio missions if you don't like what's presented...

Pretty much this. I do not believe it can provide a possible mission entrance until you have chosen a mission, then depending on the enemy group it will randomly choose from the zone's available mission doors that match the enemy group.

When I get entrances that are '40th and Plumb', I'll usually abandon them and pick up another one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.