The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Tips for managing endurance on a blaster

So I just got back into the game about a week ago, and I have a major character I'm playing and a hero I play with friends.

My major character right now is a Dual Pistols/Energy Melee Blaster Villain, and my secondary I play with my friends is a Energy/Time Manipulation Blaster. Yes I love the AT. I just wanted some tips for managing endurance on both blasters, I'm not high level at the moment, both of them are in the late teens level wise, so I'm just curious on what I can do at lower levels to manage my endurance better? I rest in between pulls and try not to over pull so I have to blow through all of my endurance. I just wanted to make sure if there are things I can do during the early levels to manage endurance better, as well as later levels. Thanks a lot for your time.

All Blaster sets get a "sustain" power at level 20 that give you a big end management bonus, and either am absorb barrier or regen bonus to eliminate your downtime between fights. Once you get this your end management problems should go away as a Blaster.

Energy Manipulation gets Energise (at level 16) - so grab that and slot for recharge and you'll get a massive -End cost discount (and huge +regen bonus)

Time Manipulation gets Temporal Healing at 20 with +50% Recovery (and an absorb shield)

Before level 20 the START vendor is your friend:

- The Survival Buff modifier gives you +Recovery

- Recovery Serum temporary powers give you a boost for 5 minutes

You can also enter a supergroup base (like the public ZONE-8888) to use the Buff Empowerment machine to get a +Recovery boost that lasts 90 minutes in exchange for a few pieces of salvage.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.7581c51bcf02b9d34c1ac8befde547d0.png

image.thumb.png.aa481527641176c8d983bfdcb909e55d.png

Reading the power description gives you hints on what powers do. It may not be super intuitive to look at the real numbers but that functionality was implemented as well, you can click the green "i" and hover over each power at character creation to see what the effects are, when they are available, how long their native recharge/damage/endurance cost/range etc.... are. In this case you can get energize at level 16 and it has a 2 minute recharge, but it discounts your endurance usage by 80% at level (this actually scales up as you level up, at level 16 it goes up to 92%. So if you are using single origin enhancements I would slot energize with 3 recharge reducers to make it as close to perma as you can and put that on as your autopower.

You can also access real numbers in game through enhancement management screen - "show detailed info here" at the top

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

As a few others have said; Energize will be your friend.

Other methods:

Performance Shifter +END proc is very useful slotted into Stamina. Can be slotted at 18 iirc

Various set bonuses that reduce end cost.

Endurance Reduction enhancements until the rest of the build catches up.

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Performance Shifter +END proc is very useful slotted into Stamina. Can be slotted at 18 iirc

It's actually 17. 

43 minutes ago, tidge said:

Also: Don't take/use Hasten below level 20.

I don't ever recall having end issues with taking Hasten early, but then I know how to slot out builds and have the currency to do so. 

• Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

32 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

It's actually 17. 

I don't ever recall having end issues with taking Hasten early, but then I know how to slot out builds and have the currency to do so. 

At low levels, Hasten isn't doing that much. If attack chains are inferior, supplementing them with temp/S.T.A.R.T. attacks is usually fine. The temp attacks also burn more endurance than regular attacks... it's more that picking Hasten early generally means sacrificing some other power that likely helps the build more than occasionally having more Global Recharge... which causes endurance spend from attacks as well as when the Endurance bill comes due for Hasten. Most characters that have "well-slotted builds" simply don't need more Global Recharge for those lower-level power picks. MMV.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:13 AM, tidge said:

Also: Don't take/use Hasten below level 20.

I have to second this; at least in most cases. 
I tend to also avoid power pool toggles until after level 20, too. 

• 1 month later