No Man's Sky just upped their game

I've played No Man's Sky off and on over the past 5 years, and tabled it earlier this year thinking I was satiated.  They just announced a new expansion "Worlds Part 1":  improved graphics, new water and atmospheric conditions, new creatures, new plants, improved bioms, etc.  In regards to the creatures, he mentions that some of this update was inspired by Starship Troopers.  You can see some of that when you see the new bugs.  I'm wondering if there's a story to follow with these. Possibly an invasion similar to the inspiration material?

What gets me is this is part 1.   No idea what's in part 2, but I'm hoping for new story material, characters, and missions.  I'll have to go back in soon to see if it truly refreshes my experience, but the trailer scenes are quite impressive.

Edited by Techwright
Grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Every time I go back to the game it's a completely different game >.<

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Nice. I just upgraded my video card so I am looking forward to trying it again. No Man's Sky is the video game that helped me stop drinking for good, I liked it so much I wanted to play it sober.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Every time I go back to the game it's a completely different game >.<

I haven't seen a more true statement today.

I swear every time I boot it back up I need to relearn how to play almost as there's some new massive update to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later

They've struck again!  NMS just released another update,  Aquarius, that introduces several water-based activities, including

• another expedition which is underway immediately.  Among other rewards is a complete diver's suit.
  • Fishing seems to be the main focus, and they're suggesting that one would have to fish a variety of environments to experience it all.  There's also the indication of surprises at the end of the line, so I'd not be shocked to learn that some things reeled in are large and dangerous. 
  • Automated traps, for when you want to catch fish while working elsewhere.
  • New recipes, if you're into that thing.  Personally, I feel the recipe concept in this game is a little weak and needs some dev love, but perhaps a fine-tuning comes with this release.
  • There's a new exo-craft, the exo-skiff which goes anywhere on the water's surface.  This is actually a really great idea as it should allow access to those far-from-shore, deep-ocean places that folks didn't mess with in the early game because landing nearby was impossible and they didn't want to take the slow exo-sub all that way out.

• Like 2