Permanent Gang War?

I've read some older posts on here and Reddit that talk about reducing gang war's cool down to a point that effectively makes it permanent, as it's cool down would be as short or even shorter than it's duration.  Supposedly, this is possible with thugs/time, but I'm relatively new to playing the game and struggle to wrap my head around the required build.  I know you need more than just basic recharge enhancements, but that's where my knowledge of the game ends.  In newb terms, what's the most straightforward way to achieve this, and what level does it become possible at (if not 50)?

11 minutes ago, Tug_RubNuts said:

I've read some older posts on here and Reddit that talk about reducing gang war's cool down to a point that effectively makes it permanent, as it's cool down would be as short or even shorter than it's duration.  Supposedly, this is possible with thugs/time, but I'm relatively new to playing the game and struggle to wrap my head around the required build.  I know you need more than just basic recharge enhancements, but that's where my knowledge of the game ends.  In newb terms, what's the most straightforward way to achieve this, and what level does it become possible at (if not 50)?

I havent done any math but loads of recharge bonuses and any force feedback procs you can fit in with hasten and burnout and maybe ageless destiny i can see you getting there.

Gang War has a 120s duration and a 600s recharge. Assuming 95% recharge slotted in the power, 70% from Hasten and 50% from Chrono Shift, you would need another 185% from buffs and set bonuses.

Taking Agility or Spiritual Alpha incarnate, for it's +recharge, helps alot. Splitting the Superior Mark of Supremacy ATO can provide +30% rech. Beyond the five LotG +7.5% rech, look at Basilisk Gaze in Distortion Field and Time Stop; Panacea for Chrono Shift, Temporal Mending/Selection. Miscellaneous +5% or +6.25% in Time's Juncture, Stamina, MM attacks etc. Also +8.75% from Reactive Defense and Preventive Medicine. Also Enforcers can mule a LotG if needed. Good luck!

Totally doable on a Thugs/Kinetics.

Hasten

Some 5 piece purple sets (+10% +10%)

Superior Mark of Supremacy can be split across 3 powers (+10% +10% +10%)

Luck of the Gamblers (+7.5% +7.5% +7.5% +7.5% +7.5%)

Siphon Speed (+20%) can stack (+20%)

Dual Wield, Empty Clips, etc can take Knockback (Force Feedback +Rech)

Capped recharge gets Gang War to 120s.. unfortunately the posse from Gang War rarely lasts very long, much less 2 minutes.

However, sprinkle in Burnout from the Speed Pool and you have a troo one-trick-pony.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 3 weeks later

I swear you could at some point, but doubt the recharge changed on it. I think I was thinking in my mind that you can "technically" perma hell on earth on demons which has the same recharge, but that's only because the little hellfires pop out and last i think 30 seconds each after they pop out (so in a way it's duration becomes 2:30 not 2:00 like gang war.

That said yeah, they hardly live that long, and don't really do all that much damage either, so don't see too much the issue if their and hell on earth's recharge was shorted a bit to make perma'ing it easier. But for now it is what it is. I like more the more often use of them, kinda like the new soul extraction on necro. Would be cool if it was closer to that like 2minute recharge and 1 minute duration (but not double stack) or something like that. Would help them time better with most support set buffs that actually help to keep them alive too. Farsight, Wild bastion etc, or at the very least let you cast it every 30 seconds which is about once per mob (and if it's faster than that on a really buffed out team they don't matter as much anyway).

14 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I swear you could at some point, but doubt the recharge changed on it. I think I was thinking in my mind that you can "technically" perma hell on earth on demons which has the same recharge, but that's only because the little hellfires pop out and last i think 30 seconds each after they pop out (so in a way it's duration becomes 2:30 not 2:00 like gang war.

That said yeah, they hardly live that long, and don't really do all that much damage either, so don't see too much the issue if their and hell on earth's recharge was shorted a bit to make perma'ing it easier. But for now it is what it is. I like more the more often use of them, kinda like the new soul extraction on necro. Would be cool if it was closer to that like 2minute recharge and 1 minute duration (but not double stack) or something like that. Would help them time better with most support set buffs that actually help to keep them alive too. Farsight, Wild bastion etc, or at the very least let you cast it every 30 seconds which is about once per mob (and if it's faster than that on a really buffed out team they don't matter as much anyway).

I managed to get it working with enough set bonuses and whatnot eventually haha, but yeah it would be nice if the cool down was just a little shorter to begin with.  It honestly doesn't seem all that powerful

• Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 3:40 PM, Tug_RubNuts said:

I managed to get it working with enough set bonuses and whatnot eventually haha, but yeah it would be nice if the cool down was just a little shorter to begin with.  It honestly doesn't seem all that powerful

GW is def not that powerful.  Even double GW via Burnout isn’t much DPS.  Quite the spectacle though.

• 3 weeks later

Perma gang war isn't really strong. You sacrifice too much else unless you're thugs/kin. 

Whats better is respectable gangwar recharge (pretty easy to hit up 2 min down 1 min) and take burnout to occasionally drop 2 gangwars, which is not much more useful but absolutely hilarious in practice. Teams will be annoyed and amused atyour 26 pets

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Gang War is pretty strong. With incarnates, especially Reactive/Degerative Radial Interface, GW will probably out-dps the Bruiser. That's accumulated damage of the whole Posse, if they can stay alive.

Ways to get the most out of Gang War:

Slot Musculature Core/Radial or Intuition Radial as GW pets get the damage buff.

Slot an Interface incarnate. GW stacks Interface debuffs fairly quickly and triggers it's proc often.

Use Barrier Destiny immediately after using GW. If GW is perma, their recharge will sync up well.

Activate Hybrid Assault Radial before using GW. GW pets gets the Doublehit procs. Tested and it gets about 102 DH in 2 minutes. GW also gets Hybrid Assault's passive damage buff.

GW gets buffs from Support Hybrid.

Slot GW with the Overwhelming Force KD proc. They get a significant amount of KD. Tested and it averaged 50 KD in 2 minutes. 

When pairing with Time, make GW sturdier by using PB/FS immediately after summoning to give them +def.  If using another secondary, get mez/debuffs off before using GW.

Slot the +def/+res pet uniques as they buff GW pets giving them a more survivability. 

MM/teammate/leaguemate Leadership powers buff GW pets. The Enforcer buffs do not work on the Posse.

For gits and shiggles, use the pet upgrade powers on GW. It changes their costume. One upgrade they get tattoos; two upgrades they get flak jackets.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

For gits and shiggles, use the pet upgrade powers on GW. It changes their costume. One upgrade they get tattoos; two upgrades they get flak jackets.

WHAAAAATTTT?!?!

20 FUCKING YEARS AND I JUST FIND THIS OUT NOW?!

• Haha 3